help

HiTech

I USSUALY  never call for help  like this but i felt it would be a good thing to do so ... i met this couple a few months ago  taking my brothers jet boat back to mathis after some work done on it . I PULLED INTO  the circle k  truck stop  to get something to drink as i was about to leave when a few poeple stopped to  admire  the boat they would pull off the highway  just to do so .. that meant it was going going to be a long visit, this one couple on the way to sa with thier two children pulled up to admire the boat .the kids i let in the boat to play and take phottos . the husband was stand offish alittle but did tell me about his car needing work he could not do  he use to drag race up north . i  thought maybe he didnt know how .after a while i gave them my number just in case they wanted to go play on the lake and we talked about racing too .. . they have never been to a round track race till last night when they called me even though it was cold they showed up but could not stay all night the children got cold i understood . before they left the kids wanted something to eat  so that left me visiting with the husband who opened up some .. i found he was an irag vet who was injured and having issues to boot that many vets go through . and many know what i am talking about i wont repeat some of what  little he said . but to open up alittle i felt was a good thing a step in the right direction seeing he said i dont trust many cause most are judgemental and dont care or understand . i felt that part is sad ..  but glad he trusted me to open up alittle as i told him i am not judgemental on poeple who served . i cant be i wasnt there and not fair to do so ..there are still a few of us left in this world i told him ../   I OFFERED  him i will do what ever i can to make his dream come true to fix that car . he repeated more than once  he wanted to take his son for a ride  he feels like that is an accomplishment he pushes for . BUT REALIZES cant do  .. .. SO talk to my body shop friend who is willing to do some body work  on the car with  no labor  not alot to fix but needs it .. the windshield is not broke but stained between the glass .. it is a 2000 z28 if someone has a good one or can sell us a new one as cheap as they can  limited resources . the other main thing he mentioned  it is standard and seems to have  a bad synchronizer  between second and third or something of the sort  has to shift it at low rpm other wise wont shift  good through the rest after the shift  .i dont know if it can be fixed  how hard it is if so or who can do the work the cost  .how hard is it to take out and so on .. i am willing to do that work if i can , to get it out . i want to help this family out this vet out  i think it will help him too .. i want him to least have that one dream to take his son  out in that car teach  the child and prove to him  there are poeple like us who care .. ..his wife realizes he cant do the work and  said to him before   may aswell just sell it .. i think it is  hard for him to do that .. he picked that car out while he was over in irag and she bought it . SO YOU SEE I AM HERE  asking if anyone can help with what ever to   help make this happen ................... THANKS 

25 minutes ago, NickHolt said:

Big heart there, Mike...  I am in no position to help at this point, but I hope someone reading this is able to. 

THANKS NICK you have this sight up and  that matters ...with out your patients sleepless nights and hard work  no one would have the chance to read it here .. and lets not forget  the sponsors .. some times you just have to do what you think is right and this family isnt the only ones in this position ..it may look small in others eyes .but i see it as a big deal in this mans eyes .and wished i could just take care of it all on my own ..but powers to be wont let me ..i wished i could help many others aswell ... but either way with out any or much help i will find a way ..  if someone outside of corpus can help i will do what ever i can to get to them .i expect no one to drive down here .. 

Edited by HiTech

On 12/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, HiTech said:

THANKS NICK you have this sight up and  that matters ...with out your patients sleepless nights and hard work  no one would have the chance to read it here .. and lets not forget  the sponsors .. some times you just have to do what you think is right and this family isnt the only ones in this position ..it may look small in others eyes .but i see it as a big deal in this mans eyes .and wished i could just take care of it all on my own ..but powers to be wont let me ..i wished i could help many others aswell ... but either way with out any or much help i will find a way ..  if someone outside of corpus can help i will do what ever i can to get to them .i expect no one to drive down here .. 

I’ll gladly rebuild the trans; I’ve gone through T56’s for some of our own cars and they’re stone cold simple inside. I’m in SA, is there any way y’all could pull the trans there? 

5 hours ago, JamesHigdon said:

I’ll gladly rebuild the trans; I’ve gone through T56’s for some of our own cars and they’re stone cold simple inside. I’m in SA, is there any way y’all could pull the trans there? 

is that whats in it .. .  HOW  hard is it to take the trans out .

i am looking at doing this just after christmas  maybe just after news years  .i want to time it during the body work where i can get to the trans .. and that i have to work out with my body man which should be no issue on that time area .. . u can call me at 361 .290 .2096. so i can ask u one other question ..THANK U VERY MUCH 

Edited by HiTech

On 12/13/2021 at 7:51 PM, NickHolt said:

Mike,

My friend Ron Brown is wanting to get in touch with you about this matter.  Since you have posted your phone number on here I guess it's OK to give it to him, right?

BY ALL MEANS NICK ILL TAKE ALL CALLS  FEEL FREE TO PASS MY NUMBER ..  seeing i and many get bs calls daily if i dont answer please please leave a message or text .. 

Edited by HiTech

THANKS NICK  we had a three hour talk  lol .. fine man  .. i learned alot from him and look forward to working with him on this project .. .. . nothing like a vet getting involved . well least two maybe three so far .. you are a vet  .i have the body shop  working with me .. may have another we know working with me and us  for the good of my new  vet friend .. . to be  announced a later date .. . i will be seeing the car at noon this friday  

Edited by HiTech

TOOK THE CAR   to sam to look  at the rust . we will need to find a junk camero or firebird  to cut off some   i dont what to call it   where the windshield seals to  the rim i suppose, you know me nick  i work under the hood not on bodies . i think sam said  one  is around here ../. with christmas this week i havent been able to talk to  some others just yet  . but as i told my vet at the body shop  it will happen i will not give up he was worried  he would not be able to afford the work  on limited resources with a family of two children and his wife  plus everything else . i cant help him with what he  gets each month , but i can do what i can with this car ..  .. i do have a commitment from some for sure .i if they want to be mentioned yet   i dont know ... but i still can use  anyone who wants to help .. . . if you are wanting to help and am not sure i am on an up and up  and dont know me .rest assure this is real .... not one ounce of help will go to anything but this misson .. ..... the car can use some more love .the seat need help the carpet is ruined from the leak .. the car runs great  .  it is not  wrecked .. . the headlights are junk the tail  lights  are starting to leak .. but the main issues are the rust  that can be fixed and trans needs some work .. .. i may  have a raffle just after new years   somethings i am looking at  ... .. if you have something  for this car . say so and price please ... i will  send nick some pics of this car  soon .. . 361 290 2096/  mike

Edited by HiTech

44 minutes ago, NickHolt said:

Thanks for the update, Mike.  This is a very worthy project and I do hope some of our Lone Star Speedzone family will help out in a big way... 

Some have .nothing is to small ..  i know this will move at a better pace once the holidays are done ..  things i i still have  to work out and get others commited . but i think it will go  full steam  soon  where i can have a timeline commited ..

1 hour ago, top_shelf_12 said:

I'll keep my eye open while I'm driving around for work. I did see a pretty beat up Camaro somewhere, but don't remember where. It was in bad shape so probably not a good donor car.

thanks  .I THINK SAM KNOWS WHERE ONE IS OR WAS ..

• 3 weeks later...

TOP THE BODY DOES NOT MATTER ..  just need to  cut out some of the upper windshield  area over the visor driver side . so if the roof area is good the rest i dont care .. ................ been awhile posting here ,waiting for the holidays to get over and poeple can breath again .. told nick last week i will be holding a raffle soon he knows what it is   ill give out more details once it is set up ..   . i really want to get this back in motion asap . 

Edited by HiTech