Night 2 Jerry Whiteaker Memorial 3

top_shelf_12

Whiteaker III gets into the backstretch wall but no completed laps so complete restart in the Pure Stock Feature. No surprise as Walters cruising way out front. Whiteaker trying to hold off the challenge from Graham but finally gets shuffled out, Villareal and King get by as well. Mikulencak stalling in turn 4 brings out a caution. Walters, Graham, Villareal, King and Whiteaker top 5.

Villareal and Faulkner jump out as Torres and Meazell duke it out for 3rd. Ellender right behind them as the top 5 break aw as y a bit. Starry trying not to lose the lead group. Meazell has caught Villareal and Faulkner, Starry and Hamilton catch the top 5. Caution out as Faulkner turns Villareal on the front straight then door bangs him under caution. Villareal retains the lead and Faulkner to the rear. 

Link to the Official Results:

http://www.southtxspeedway.com/profile/schedule/results.aspx?r=353157&rt=sch

I'm sure this will be the topic of conversations for awhile and just speaking from a fan's point of view and as a lifelong resident of Corpus Christi, I appreciate the drivers that make it down here when they travel. I have no knowledge or conversation with officials and will not try to question calls made because I have been a spotter before but luckily the calls I've had to make were pretty clear and backed up by the race directors I've worked for. It's  not easy to do and I know the groups I worked for didn't care about names or hometowns, every driver was just that, a driver. I also do not know anything about tech so I can't answer questions about the DQ's.