sad look at tws from youtube

rebelracewriter

AT MINUTE 7.02 WAS WHERE I AND LORRAIN   got our first breath taking look  at the track in 1990 next to the  building . that was something i cant  or any  first timers could ever forget  that first WOW  view was something .. . he walked up about where we sat that day with some friends from  work . we walked down to go through the tunnel where he walked up toget our first view inside another wow ..the other end of the building is where lorraine and i stood and visited ned jarret and benny parsons just before they went up to do  recorded show of what was it arca winston west   race i think with dale darrel and kenny  .havent forgotten that couple of minute visits . of course benny was eating a hot dog .. .  1991 LETTING IRENE WILKY race my pro sedan car  the first female  to qualify i think 12th in the history of prosedans in a car she never even sat in  before that weekend  i think she was in the top 8 when bill wont say his last name spun her on the last lap  because he didnt want a women beating him .lol i think she finished where she started . she made the news ....i was going to race in that race but momma didnt want me to go for the weekend with her just two weeks away from joshua being born . i never got the chance to go back and race tida again at tws .. ..not one lap .dang ..made about six trips to that track ....

Edited by HiTech

I stopped by about 4 weeks ago and drove through the neighborhood behind the track. This is what it currently looked like. I was able to walk up to the back stretch wall before I decided it as best to leave. 

The track is basically cut in half from the tunnel in turn 1 to the mid point of the back stretch. The main neighborhood entrance follows the shape of the old speedway turn 1.

Edited by Boernebullet