NASCAR going hybrid in 2024

JamesHigdon

NASCAR going Hybrid in 2024

So, hear me out here, I think this is great.

I don’t think there’s a single person here who would argue that NASCAR was at its best when they where racing actual stock cars with motors we could recognize from our street cars. I think this is a way NASCAR could let the manufacturers actually have some influence on the outcome of the race again and draw much more robust influence from them.

An “additive” hybrid system like already used in some forms of racing that didn’t replace the traditional gas engines but instead added an extra 50-100hp on demand would be as “stock” as anything NASCAR vehicles have seen in years. Batteries, motors and systems developed by the manufacturer would mean a Chevy was a Chevy, a Ford was a Ford, etc.

I personally think NASCAR should be running nearly stock truck V8s (GM’s 5.3L, Ford 5.0L and Toyota’s 5.7L) and parallel hybrid would be amazing with that addition. Maybe we could even go back to V6’s for the Xfinity cars…back to the “win on Sunday sell on Monday mentality”.

I know a lot of people got angry at the idea of NASCAR’s electrification but IF implemented well I see zero dow side here? 

6 hours ago, King237 said:

Agree, leave the current engines alone. If NASCAR wants this, start another series and see how it goes. 

i dont care for the new gen cars .. corvettes with different bodies on them . before to long we will have abs  and all the sensors controling wheel spin . 

They are doing a good job to stay a little contemporary, but I would have to sit out with HiTech is they went electric.  Maybe years down the road, like 50 years.  I hope I never see it.  This next gen car will catch the newer audience which are the ones spending the money.