Now is the time to mark your calendars

arob

Now that the South Texas tracks are wrapping up their regular seasons it is time to think about their big season enders. These events usually bring huge car counts and large payouts. It all starts off with Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige , Texas on Oct8 and 9 with the Octoberfast event. Next will be the DTK Memorial event at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton on Nov 6 followed by the huge 2021 Clash at Texana Raceway Park in Edna on Nov 19&20. South Texas Speedway brings the big race events to a close with two events. First on Dec3 &4 with the Jerry Whiteaker Memorial for Sportmods and Factory Stocks and ending with the STXR events on Dec10& 11 for Sportmods , Mods and Factory Stocks. Payouts and other classes running haven't been posted yet so be sure and check each tracks website/Facebook for additional info as it becomes availiable. I've been to these events and the racing at all four facilities is awesome. So plan to make as many as you can . You will not be disappointed!

• 5 weeks later...

Well , Octoberfast at Cotton Bowl Speedway is in the books. What a great weekend with 150+ cars racing. Feature events were all good with some hard racing going on. Tim Homeyer, the Factory Stock winner , ended up pocketing $5200 in purse and bonus money if I heard right. Next up is the DTK event at I-37 Speedway October 29 and 30.  This event should be just as entertaining.