Motorcyle accident claims life of the Huff's grandson, Cameron Huff

NickHolt

Please be in prayer for James and Janette Huff who lost their beloved grandson, Cameron Huff, in a motorcycle accident last week. Cameron had almost made it back to his Navy base in San Diego on August 7 when the tragic accident occurred.

Early in his life, the Huffs took Cameron into their Houston home and raised him as a son.

“Janette and I watched him grow up all the way from elementary school, to middle school and then high school where his life took very positive turn when he joined the Navy ROTC program. Each step of the way he matured in a good way,” James shared. “But he became a fully mature man after he joined the Navy and made a success of himself on his own.”

If anyone has followed Janette on Facebook, you know she lovingly – and with great pride – refers to Cameron as, “My Sailor.”

Cameron loved motorsports and was a frequent crew member at James’ races, helping his “Grandpa” out in any way possible and taking on more and more responsibilities as he grew older.

“Of course we are heartbroken,” Janette said, “but the Navy has been with us all during this sad time in our lives. We have had visits by Navy personnel and the ship’s Chaplain and Captain have both been in contact with us several times.”

Cameron will be laid to rest with full military honors at the Klein Memorial Park in Tomball with final arrangements yet to be finalized.

He will be greatly missed by James and Janette as well as by those of us who knew him and loved him.

My heart breaks as I read that story.  I can't imagine what James and Janette are going through.  May God Bless you both and keep you close.  After all these years, I knew the Sailor boy would one day be an Admiral.  You both did a wonderful job with Cameron, he was a fine young man. Rest in Peace Cameron.  James and Janette you will be in our prayers.

Bob Mireles