We have lost the absolute best

arob

WOW, what a broadcast crew. Bob Jenkins, Ned Jarrett, Benny Parsons in the booth, and Dr Jerry Punch doing the pit reporting. There was more than 1 occasion where they carried a poor race or a long rain delay, and they did it with class and dignity. For those that were lucky enough to see them do their job, it sure is hard to watch a lot of these announcers over the last 10-15 years. I met and talked to both Benny Parsons & Bill Weber during ESPN's coverage of the Winter Heat Series, throughout the late 90s. What an honest and sincere man Benny Parsons was. All I'll say about Bill Weber is, karma is a bitch. The way he treated people there I guess was his MO everywhere. It's what got him fired. I would have loved to meet Bob Jenkins. He always struck me as a class act. 

God Bless Bob Jenkins

A VOICE MISSED  .no one did it better than bob I  loved ned and parsons  but no ONE could outshine bob .. he had a calm smooth way about him no one can match he made you listen   he brought racing to the world of tv .. i never once  wanted him  off .  today i really  dont like to hear much from  anyone on air now  they bore me ..RIP BOB 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, ron.brown11 said:

All I'll say about Bill Weber is, karma is a bitch. The way he treated people there I guess was his MO everywhere. It's what got him fired.

Apparently Bill Weber got in some hot water the night before the 2009 Loudon race.

He was in a hotel lobby, screaming at the hotel staff about his room.  I guess it got real ugly, because he was immediately fired by ESPN.

Last I heard, he's now a magician in Florida. He said magic was always his passion.  He must be good ... cause he sure made his ESPN career disappear quickly!!!  

... and yes ... bad Karma can be a real bitch in your backside!