Back to School Night/750 to Win Factory Stocks @ I-37 Speedway 7/31/21

Back to School Night/750 to Win Factory Stocks @ I-37 Speedway 7/31/21

By JM Hallas

Pleasanton, TX.,(July 31st, 2021)Saturday was the tracks annual “Back to School night” with the track and Team Dinsmore handing out school supplies to kids in need that attended.

Also featured was big All in Designs Factory Stock shootout with $750 on the line for the winner, plus the other regular Classes(Price Chevrolet IMCA Modifieds, Swenson Racing Products Limited Modifieds, Sport Compacts, Go-Karts and introducing, making their first I-37 Speedway appearance, the Economy Modifieds(E-Mods)

The race also serves as a tune-up race for the upcoming Red River Modified Tour coming August 14th with the Modifieds, Limited Modifieds and Factory Stocks.

After having last race off, the IMCA Modifieds points didn't change with Jared Maupin leading by 15 over Ryan Doyon with Talon Minten, Brandon Welker and Cody Clark in the top five.

Maupin also heads the Limited Modifieds with Sterling Tausch jumping to second past Craig Oakes, Edward Oakes and JJ Jennings.

The Factory Stocks have Dakota Hurley out front by two points on Dillon Gaither trailed by Dustin Hurley, George Quintanilla and Hunter Peterson moving up to complete the top five.

With another win last time out, Ryan McDonald extended his Sport Compact points lead over Brandon McCall, Ryker Hernandez, Shaun Tracy and defending champ Jamie Garner.

Green to Green in Modified Main

A lucky thirteen IMCA Modifieds took the green with Rick Green grabbing the point off turn 2 pursued by Marcus Mikulencak, Logan Dinsmore and Craig Oakes. Oakes would half spin in turn 2 with Raymond McSpadden, Landon Bednarz and Ryan Doyon spinning to avoid contact. This set off a series of cautions before getting back under green.

Finally back to green, it was Green getting a slight advantage while Mikulencak and Maupin battled for second and Oakes quickly working forward getting past Cameron Starry and McSpadden for fifth. JP Dowell had a good run going taking third from Maupin before pulling off just before halfway.

At the crossed flags it was Green, Maupin, Mikulencak, Oakes and Dinsmore in the top five. Oakes was able to snag third from Mikulencak while Dinsmore and McSpadden were side by side for fifth. Up front Green was easing away while Oakes and Maupin battled for second. A late caution for Mikulencak stopped on the back stretch erased his lead.

On green, Green got away but Maupin gave him a look low coming off turn 4 to the white flag. Green(Bertram) was able to hold off the challenge to score the victory in his Green Construction, Carroll Construction, NateMare Graphics, crate powered, BMS Chassis.

It was a lot of fun tonight,” replied Green. “I finally went back to a lot of old school set up stuff. I was pretty happy. All I tried to do was tell myself to hit my marks. Jared(Maupin) told me I was beating him in(to the corner), killing him off and he could only close in the center.”

I knew those guys were going to push hard. That's one reason I'd enter(the corners) the way I did. I entered harder than I've been doing it and the car just hooked up phenomenal off the corners. I was pretty sure it was going to take something special to get around me.”

The track had some slick spot and a little rutty in spots. My car seemed to like it. It didn't matter I was able to glide right over them. If you got your car entered in (turn) 3 you could come off the bottom hard.”

6106efb504fdb__JRP6527(1024x683)(2).jpg.262f2d96f72aaf1e47cf9f7bc7e55e41.jpg

Price Chevrolet IMCA Modifieds

82 Rick Green, 96 Jared Maupin, 91 Craig Oakes, 8gII Logan Dinsmore, 48r Raymond McSpadden, 741 Cameron Starry, bd1 Marcus Mikulencak, 5 Cody Clark, 715 JP Dowell, 16 Landon Bednarz, 5r Ryan Doyon, 31m Marlin Samford, 7 Stephen Boubel

IMCA Modified heats

Heat 1; 82 Rick Green, 715 JP Dowell, 5r Ryan Doyon, 741 Cameron Starry, 16 Landon Bednarz, 5 Cody Clark, 31 Marlin Samford

Heat 2; 96 Jared Maupin, 91 Craig Oakes, bd1 Marcus MikulencaK, 48r Raymond McSpadden, 8gII Logan Dinsmore, 7 Stephen Boubel

Maupin on the Money

As the Limited Modified 20-lap took the green Jared Maupin and JJ Jennings stayed wheel to wheel before Maupin got the nose out front off turn 2. Jennings moved up behind Maupin with Tanner Whitmire, Heath Stewart and Nathan Oakes trailing. N. Oakes half spun allowing Tom Grothues to get past for fifth.

Grothues would scrape the front stretch wall knocking off part of the spoiler for a quick debris caution. The ensing restart saw Sterling Tausch and Michael Carlock make contact sending Tausch to the infield, jumping turn 3 of the go-kart track. Both soldiered on without caution.

Roly Rodriguez got alongside Whitmire for third taking the place after Whitmire drifted too high, with Stewart and Lawrence Mikulencak also getting by. Stewart was able to get third from Rodriguez while Whitmire was back challenging Mikulencak. Tausch's night got worse as he tagged the front wall, ending his night.

On the restart coming to halfway it was Maupin, Jennings, Stewart, Whitmire and Rodriguez. The top three separated out with a gap back to Whitmire, Rodriguez and N. Oakes. As the last half clicked off, N. Oakes had a motor expire and while trying to get to the infield, collect Carlock for a late caution.

On the restart to the finish it was Maupin getting away by three car lengths, but Jennings would close the gap in the middle of the corners. As close as Jennings could get was a half car length as Maupin(San Antonio) in the BMF Shocks & Chassis, Best Race Engines, Dirty by BMF Chassis took the victory.

I'm glad I got jump on the first lap to get the lead,” explained Maupin “The track was tough, I knew it would be hard to get by him. He's Been fast all year. I was glad to get the jump.”

I knew a lot about the track running three classes. I tried free my IMCA Modified up, but didn't get it as free as I needed to. The Limited Modified was really drivable. The first five or so laps I was searching a bit for the best line. I found a pretty good combination that worked. I knew it would be hard to get by me with the line I was running.”

6106efd58bda5__JRP6405(1024x683)(2).jpg.79c6d5176fa380eb40c28f2122fad2c5.jpg

Swenson Racing Products Limited Modifieds

96 Jared Maupin,26g JJ Jennings, h14 Heath Stewart, 12r Roly Rodriguez, 21 Nathan Oakes, 76 Michael Carlock, 13m Ben Mikulencak, 101 Tanner Whitmire, 87 Lawrence Mikulencak, 95 Sterling Tausch, 11t Tom Grothues, 24r Johnny Brown---dns, 53 Edward Oakes---dns

Limited Modified heats

Heat 1; 26g JJ Jennings, 101 Tanner Whitmire, 21 Nathan Oakes, 87 Lawrence Mikulencak, 76 Michael Carlock, 95 Sterling Tausch, 24r Johnny Brown

Heat 2; 96 Jared Maupin, h14 Heath Stewart, 11t Tom Grothues, 12r Roly Rodriguez, 13m Ben Mikulencak, 53 Edward Oakes

Witzsche Wins E-Mod Inaugural

In their first ever I-37 Speedway appearance, ten E-Mods took the green with Brianna Witzsche and Cooper Koliba staying side by side until Witzsche got the advantage off turn 2. Koliba was able to hold second with Gilbert Perez third followed by Darenger Nesloney and Brad Waddups. Waddups would have trouble and stop for a quick caution.

Perez was able to grab second on the restart and begin to pressure Witzsche as the top two eased away. Perez made a little contact, but Witzsche was able to hold the point coming to halfway trailed by Perez, Koliba, Jeff Markert and Nesloney. Nesloney and Daniel Preston made contact sending Preston around and Nesloney to the tail.

Back to green, Witzsche inched ahead of Perez while Preston was on a march getting fourth from Markert, then third from Koliba. As the white waved Witzsche(Corpus Christi) had five car lengths on Perez and was able to score the victory in her Lalos Automotive, Ace Transmissions, Scott Electric, Larry Smith Racing, 50/50 Racing, Ace Automotive Machine Shop powered, Empire Chassis to sweep the night.

I was very nervous with Gilbert(Perez) behind me,” exclaimed Witzsche. “I race with him down at South Texas Speedway and I know he's a very good competitor. I just tried my hardest to tell myself that I could do it.”

The only tracks that race my class or South Texas and Texana. Hopefully if all the tracks accept us I'd love to be able to race some big E-Mod shows.

My dad got me a Go-kart when I was younger and I stated doing that. I moved up to E-Mods and have doing that for about three or four years.”

E-Mods

59b Brianna Witzsche, 3 Gilbert Perez, 6” Daniel Preston, 04 Cooper Koliba, 95 Jeff Markert, 131 Darenger Nesloney, 23f Jaycee Fitch, 43 Kayden Petty, 2d Kimsey Davis, 6 Brad Waddups

E-Mod heats

Heat 1; 59b Brianna Witzsche, 3 Gilbert Perez,95 Jeff Markert, 43 Kayden Petty, 6” Daniel Preston

Heat 2; 04 Cooper Koliba, 131 Deranger Nesloney, 6 Brad Waddups, 23f Jaycee Fitch, 2d Kimsey Davis

Leddy Leads 'Em All

A field of 21-Factory Stocks took the green with Aaron Leddy getting the edge in turn 2 chased by Allen Torres, Jose Lopez jr. and Kasey Krauss door to door and Cameron Dinsmore. It was quickly three wide for third with Dinsmore getting past Lopez and Krauss. Dinsmore then put the pressure on Torres for second getting the spot with Krauss following to third.

A multi-car tangle in turns 3-4 ended the night for Shannon Maurer, Kyle Kirkland and Dillon Gaither for a lap 6 yellow. On the restart Lopez took third back from Krauss as Dinsmore began looking low on Leddy for the lead. A yellow slowed the action up front when Ryan Carlucci and Dustin Hurley got together in turn 1-2.

Back to green, Dinsmore and Lopez stayed side by side for second with Dakota Hurley and Allen Alexander paired up for fourth. At halfway it was Leddy, Dinsmore, Lopez, Da. Hurley and Alexander in the top five. Dinsmore kept the pressure on Leddy giving him looks low while Da. Hurley grabbed third from Lopez.

As Leddy and Dinsmore battled for the lead, Da. Hurley, coming from his ninth row starting spot, was closing quickly. Further back, Micky Helms was door to door with Alexander for fifth. Dinsmore tried to change his line running higher in corners, and was keeping the heat on Leddy.

With two to go Dinsmore changed up again now back trying low. The veteran, Leddy(Von Ormy) held steady, and was able to hold off the young gun, Dinsmore for the hard earned victory in Jamie Fuller owned, Reflective Wrecker, JGR Fab, C-3 Speed Horses, Lazer Chassis.

That was a tough race,” said Leddy. “I didn't know Cameron Dinsmore was coming up that hard. We made a little contact. Starting up front helped. If you start mid-pack with this class it's tough to get up front with the competition level.”

When I'm out front I don't think about the lines they pick on restarts. I just stay focused on where my car is fastest. I had the fast line for my car. So I try to stay consistent. I tried a couple different lines on each end of the track early, but didn't feel like I gained anything.”

All in Design Factory Stocks

93 Aaron Leddy , 8c Cameron Dinsmore, 40 Dakota Hurley, 29 Jose Lopez jr., 174 Mickey Helms, 23k Kasey Krauss, 99 Allen Alexander, 25 Nathan Rachui, 20 Mike Lyon, 9 Johnny Westfall, 7 Jesse Sandoval, 133 Megan Dodson, 36 George Quintanilla, 18s Jarrett Payton, 4d Dustin Hurley, 34 Ryan Carlucci, 02 Shannon Maurer, 18 Kyle Kirkland, 99a Dillon Gaither, 31 Allen Torres, 10 Scott Jerkins, 20r Jared Maupin---dns, 13 Johnny Johnson---dns

Factory Stock heats

Heat 1; 31 Allen Torres, 29 Jose Lopez jr., 174 Mickey Helms, 18 Kyle Kirkland, 36 George Quintanilla, 20 Mike Lyon, 9 Johnny Westfall, 133 Megan Dodson

Heat 2; 93 Aaron Leddy, 02 Shannon Maurer, 99 Allen Alexander, 18s Jarrett Payton, 34 Ryan Carlucci, 99a Dillon Gaither, 10 Scott Jerkins, 13 Johnny Johnson

Heat 3; 23k Kasey Krauss, 8c Cameron Dinsmore, 20r Jared Maupin, 7 Jesse Sandoval, 4d Dustin Hurley, 40 Dakota Hurley, 25r Nathan Rachui

Lucky Lopez for B Factory Win

At the start of the B Factory Stock feature it was Jerry Miller, from row two quickly taking command chased by Kakayla Trimble, Jason Gordon, Daniel Lopez and Ronnie Schoenfeldt. Miller stretched out his advantage briefly, as Trimble began closing the gap coming to halfway showing Miller, Trimble, Gordon and Lopez side by side and Schoenfeldt.

Miller broke, slowing abruptly coming off turn 4 with Trimble making slight contact and spinning trying to avoid Miller who rolled to a stop. This put Lopez(Somerset) up front for the restart and he wasted little time pulling away to take the win in his Southside Repair & Maintenance, JGR Fab, Bubbas Tree Service, Mission Racing, homebuilt chassis.

My buddy Jerry Miller had this race won, but had some trouble with his car.” said Lopez. “There was no catching him. I was going to settle for second or third. After he had trouble and took out second place I just sent the car as hard as I could. I drove it like I've never driven it before.

It's been a lot of hard work, I've been having some motor problems. I kind of kick myself on what set up I should put on the car. The Factory Stock is a lot easier to work on than my Sport Compact was. It's a lot faster, easier to drive and do more set up stuff. I enjoy the Factory Stock more.”

B Factory Stocks

15 Daniel Lopez, 29 Jason Gordon, 98 Ronnie Schoenfeldt, 174 Makayla Trimble, 75 Jerry Miller, 55 Chris Clark, 12x Daniel Ralston---dns, 13j Jett Johnson---dns

B Factory Stock heat; 174 Makayla Trimble, 12x Daniel Ralston, 29 Jason Gordon, 75 Jerry Miller, 98 Ronnie Schoenfeldt, 13j Jett Johnson, 55b Chris Clark

Sport Compact Money to McCall

The 20-lap Sport Compact feature was packed with action from start to finish with lapped traffic the determining factor. At the start it was Michael Burris jr quickly taking command ahead of Rod Tait, Jamie Garner, Ryan McDonald and Ryker Hernandez. Tait, Garner and McDonald were nearly three wide for second as Burris checked out.

A spin by Chad Miller rebunched the field on lap 4 giving Garner the chance to take second from Tait. McDonald was trying for third when he and Tait made contact sending McDonald over the turn 4 hill for a lap 6 caution. McCall grabbed second from Garner on the restart with the top five at halfway Burris, McCall, Garner, Justin Sitterle and Joshua Garcia.

With two to go the lead trio came up on traffic having their own battle. Burris had contact with Aaron Driscoll with he, Darrel Jones and McCall now three wide for the lead. More contact and Burris had the bumper cover ripped off for a caution, sending him to the back, leaving McCall out front for the green, white, checkered finish.

As green waved, Garner tried high on McCall while Burris was fighting his way back to the front. Garner gave it the ol' college try on McCall but to no avail as McCall(Von Ormy) in the Southside Maintenance & Repair, Bettis Boat & RV Storage, Freddy Harris Sand & Clay, Rachel Plant Picture Taker, William Saunders, Chevy Cobalt scored the win with Burris getting by Garcia and John Thomas.

We've had some bad luck lately,” replied McCall. “We've been chasing a lot of stuff on the car. Tonight, after changing a bunch of stuff, went out in the heat, first lap and get a flat. I had no time to see what the car would do and started dead last in the main. I picked my way through all the way to the front.”

I slapped myself a couple times and told myself I had to be patient. There's a lot of squirrels between me and the front. Be patient! We had some fun going through traffic. It was fun I just kept it on the floor. That's all I could do.”

Sport Compacts

14 Brandon McCall, 33 Jamie Garner, 81 Michael Burris jr., 32 Joshua Garcia, 9t John Thomas, 007 Aaron Driscoll, 35 Darrel Jones, 88 Justin Sitterle, 816 Ryan McDonald, 55 Ryker Hernandez, 70 Rod Tait, 75 Chad Miller, 17 Casey Teague---dntg, 12c Robert Kelm---dns, 0.5 Jayln Touchstone---dns, 14t Shaun Tracy---dns

Sport Compact heats

Heat 1; 81 Michael Burris jr., 816 Ryan McDonald, 88 Justin Sitterle, 32 Joshua Garcia, 35 Darrel Jones, 17 Casey Teague, 75 Chad Miller, 14 Brandon McCall

Heat 2; 70 Rod Tait, 33 Jamie Garner, 55 Ryker Hernandez, 9t John Thomas, 007 Aaron Driscoll, 5 Jayln Touchstone, 12c Robert Kelm, 14t Shaun Tracy

Russ Parker Construction Go-Karts

Senior Division; Maddox Jennings, Charles Flanagan, Zoey Flores, Connor Holt

Junior Division; Ceciliy Johnson, Gabriel Solis, Blaine Markgraf, Beau Payton, Tripp Whitmire

Youth Division; Tucker Kempe, Cheston Markgraf, Kaden Pacheco