The SRX Race

JamesHigdon

I thought it was pretty good too. Then I really loved it when Doug Coby won!! One thing did bother me though about the entire night, and reminded me about an exhibition race that I saw while living in Tucson, AZ. When NASCAR was getting ready to launch the truck series, they had the beginnings of the truck field (about 12 trucks if I remember correctly), run at Tucson Raceway Park. TRP was the track that hosted the Winter Heat Series in the late 90s on ESPN. What bothered me about it was that it was advertised as a real race. But by the end of the race, every single truck lead at least 1 lap. It looked staged, and as I found out later that night it was. That was the feeling I had watching a good part of the heat races and the main. It wasn't until about 3/4s through the main that it actually started looking like a real race. I get that too. They want to gin up excitement for the series, and that's a good thing. I'm very hopeful for the remaining 5 races. I would expect Tony Stewart to win this weekend, but he will make a show of it. After all, he has a personal and financial interest in it. Can't wait to see Willie T Ribbs on dirt!!

I thought it was an interesting race. It was not the best show I have ever seen but I do think things will improved. I really liked that Cody won the race above the more experienced drivers of this type of car.

I watched the race from Knoxville from start to finish and thought it went really well however I'm a little confused.

I thought this series was for seniors or drivers that no longer raced in the cup series but noticed that Natalie Decker

was in this race. I guess its not "limited" to just superstars who retired . I also noticed that Tony Stewart (who won) exited his car

via a workable drivers side door. Guess I have to get used to this but the racing was VERY good.

13 hours ago, King237 said:

I watched the race from Knoxville from start to finish and thought it went really well however I'm a little confused.

I thought this series was for seniors or drivers that no longer raced in the cup series but noticed that Natalie Decker

was in this race. I guess its not "limited" to just superstars who retired . I also noticed that Tony Stewart (who won) exited his car

via a workable drivers side door. Guess I have to get used to this but the racing was VERY good.

Natalie Decker was not in the race.  It was Hailie Deegan who was racing.  SRX doesnt have enough spare cars for Natalie Decker to get behind the wheel of one of their cars. It is not just limited to retired superstars, they bring in locals and some new age racers to compete against the superstars. Like the Slinger race they have a car set aside the for winner of the Slinger late model race before the SRX race. I like the racing just wish they would get someone other than Danica in the booth she doesnt do Alan Bestwick justist.

11 hours ago, Josh42 said:

Natalie Decker was not in the race.  It was Hailie Deegan who was racing.  SRX doesnt have enough spare cars for Natalie Decker to get behind the wheel of one of their cars.

Damn....my bad, I get those two mixed up all the time. Thx for schooling me on how they choose participants too....makes sense now and I agree with you 100% on the Danica comment as well. Until the other night I had forgotten how good Alan Bestwick was as an announcer. Smooth as silk

16 hours ago, arob said:

Deegan was a last second replacement for Tony Kanaan as well. Bestwick is a great announcer. They all are really good now especially since DW is gone.

dw who .. oh dem wit . now if someone could get rid of jeff burton 

5 hours ago, King237 said:

Now whats wrong with him? He doesn't say Boogetty Boogetty Boogetty or anything close?

hell he gets to yaking worst than me and says the same thing every single race .. annoying . fact if they say much any of them i would be happy  ..i want to hear a race .

5 hours ago, HiTech said:

hell he gets to yaking worst than me and says the same thing every single race .. annoying . fact if they say much any of them i would be happy  ..i want to hear a race .

I'm with you HiTech. Burton is the most irritating announcer there is. By the end of a race I'm ready to mute the TV.

I watched the Knoxville race, too.  I guess either someone was out with a radar gun, or they had timing loops at various points.  I saw some speeds shown while they were in the turns - speeds in the mid 60s.  I expected someone like Stewart or Bloomquist to be faster than that in the turns with their experience on dirt and the power supposedly available.

11 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Danica is Hot, Deegan is Hot, but we need Angela Ruch back somewhere.   Put em all in a race or booth together.  Now that would be an event

i would take lucille ball over danica anytime .. i do not like that spoiled brat at all ..