Sign in to follow this  
JamesHigdon

Mud-Drags Wreck in West TX

i will most likely get in trouble here .. nothing new  .. I CANT FATHOM  that safety fence being very safe not much support when thousands of pounds of force hits it . sad deal someone having fun died . we all know anything can happen at anytime at any track  we take that chance but i think that was a bit more chances with that safety system ..

23 hours ago, JamesHigdon said:

CNN Article, Mud Drags Death.

Hadn’t seen or heard anything about this until today, bad deal.

Actually, starting yesterday it's all over social media including video. Racing is just not high on the priority list for cable. Go on FB, YouTube etc. and you can find all the details.

4 hours ago, hray said:

Actually, starting yesterday it's all over social media including video. Racing is just not high on the priority list for cable. Go on FB, YouTube etc. and you can find all the details.

Rusty....About the only time big media gets interested in any form of "grass roots" racing is when something bad happens.

8 hours ago, HiTech said:

i will most likely get in trouble here .. nothing new  .. I CANT FATHOM  that safety fence being very safe not much support when thousands of pounds of force hits it . sad deal someone having fun died . we all know anything can happen at anytime at any track  we take that chance but i think that was a bit more chances with that safety system ..

I agree; the fence just wasn’t enough. 

5 hours ago, hray said:

Yessir; it popped up about a half dozen places yesterday afternoon but I hadn’t seen it at alL

before that. 

1 hour ago, rebelracewriter said:

Rusty....About the only time big media gets interested in any form of "grass roots" racing is when something bad happens.

Oh come on; a weekly racer won a race at a weekly track on CBS just last Saturday…sort of!