COTA

24nomo

What an opportunity to show support for local racing here in Texas.   I am not sure how many they are going to allow, but it would be nice for a good turnout at COTA.   We will be arriving on Wed and staying until Monday.  There may be a shortage on Crown, Vodka and Bushhhhh beer after this event

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, 24nomo said:

What an opportunity to show support for local racing here in Texas.   I am not sure how many they are going to allow, but it would be nice for a good turnout at COTA.   We will be arriving on Wed and staying until Monday.  There may be a shortage on Crown, Vodka and Bushhhhh beer after this event

will not ever spend a nickle there  i am not even going to watch that race there . but have fun 

1 minute ago, 24nomo said:

Thanks, I will tell Tavo hello for you

Tavo and I are friends, so say hello to him for me as well since I will not be at CoTA for the NASCAR event. 

I will continue to have zero do with CoTA as long as it is owned by the same folks who attempted to hurt Tavo and others. Yes, I realize that Tavo may have come out on top after all the Formula I dust settled, but it still does not forgive what I consider the unscrupulous behavior of that ownership group. 

Us old folks have long memories even if we can't remember where we left the cell phone. 

Nick

I'll be there all 3 days, and my brother is flying in from Ohio for it too. Tired of seeing TX asphalt tracks close, so I'll try to do my part. I got to meet Tavo courtesy of Nick, at Thunderhill one night. Seems like a good guy and racer at heart. Both of those things mean something to me too Nick. Very glad Tavo wasn't destroyed by all that transpired, and I'm sure I don't know 1 percent of what went on. 

I found out thru purchasing my tickets that Texas Motor Speedway (SMI- ie Bruton Smith)) was basically running that side of it. Not sure if that's because of TMS losing a date to COTA, or if SMI is maybe trying to purchase some or all of COTA, and splitting future NASCAR racing dates in TX. NASCAR says it's committed to running more road courses in the future. And why not, with the Next Gen car basically being an Australian V8 Supercar. 

Now I'm just hoping for good weather for all 3 days!! 

Race happens to be at COTA this is a 100% SMI event that in and of itself will make it a success.

Austin has no idea what is in store for them having only witnessed F1. I talked to many at the Indy race here that thought that access amazing. Super exciting time around here racing is about to get lots of new fans.

Goes without saying I will be doing tons of short track local racing crossover talk and promotion.

Jeff Luhnow, Tavo and Tim Clark just raised 170 million dollars in a IPO to invest/purchase sports franchises etc.   Word is that they are going to buy a F1 team so he will probably be racing at COTA next year.   

The media knows Tavos side of the story and the other side kept theirs confidential.   I really dont care,  it got done and it is time to support it.  

39 minutes ago, 24nomo said:

The media knows Tavos side of the story and the other side kept theirs confidential.   I really dont care,  it got done and it is time to support it.  

No, the media does not know the whole story and the "other side" certainly did keep their intentions confidential right up until they pulled the rug out from under Tavo's group. You say that the results justify the means it took to obtain those results.  I don't see it that way.

However, I do think the NASCAR event at CoTA should be awesome, and if I didn't feel the way I do about the track's ownership, I would be supporting this event big time. 

7 hours ago, King237 said:

I feel the same way 100%

ME TOO ... alot more to the story than what was told in the media ...  IF ANYONE COULD GET THE SHAFT . TAVO IS THE ONE ..  that speedway  would be just a memory from the past that never happend with out tavo ..

Tavo and I are friends, so say hello to him for me as well since I will not be at CoTA for the NASCAR event. 

I will continue to have zero do with CoTA as long as it is owned by the same folks who attempted to hurt Tavo and others. Yes, I realize that Tavo may have come out on top after all the Formula I dust settled, but it still does not forgive what I consider the unscrupulous behavior of that ownership group. 

Us old folks have long memories even if we can't remember where we left the cell phone. 

No, the media does not know the whole story and the "other side" certainly did keep their intentions confidential right up until they pulled the rug out from under Tavo's group. You say that the results justify the means it took to obtain those results.  I don't see it that way.

Does Kevin Schwantz have a suite too?

"The media knows the story"......LMFAOOOOOOO......That's laughable at best.

Hey Nick, you seen my cell phone?

ab7843db33855027af1d3c6f5aa4020b.gif.9b6b47b5f6db021f0a32c3d49cb25105.gif

So; we bought tickets for Saturday which they billed as "family day" but their rules are completely asinine. We've probably been to a dozen races at CoTA, never had an issue. Now there's no bags (except for a hand-sized clear bag with only clear things in it) and no strollers. We where taking a group of 9 with 5 kids of which the oldest is 8 and the youngest are both 1. If I get clarification those are really the rules they're going with we are canceling our tickets and going to I37 instead. 

6 hours ago, JamesHigdon said:

So; we bought tickets for Saturday which they billed as "family day" but their rules are completely asinine. We've probably been to a dozen races at CoTA, never had an issue. Now there's no bags (except for a hand-sized clear bag with only clear things in it) and no strollers. We where taking a group of 9 with 5 kids of which the oldest is 8 and the youngest are both 1. If I get clarification those are really the rules they're going with we are canceling our tickets and going to I37 instead. 

WOW so much for family outing at the races ... hope those are not the rules .i bet i37 would be happy to have you . strollers are not an issue at any local race track  ive heard of  ...i suppose the clear bag  lets them see if you are bringing in a bomb ..

Edited by HiTech

3 hours ago, HiTech said:

WOW so much for family outing at the races ... hope those are not the rules .i bet i37 would be happy to have you . strollers are not an issue at any local race track  ive heard of  ...i suppose the clear bag  lets them see if you are bringing in a bomb ..

At I37 we can bring our own beer and back right up to the turn 1 fence to watch. It’s better than watching races at home but CoTA seems to be going out of their way to make things difficult...we spend a lot of money out there (went to their Christmas show WITH NO BATHROOMS 3 times!) but they’re making it harder and harder to justify. 

Edited by JamesHigdon

16 minutes ago, JamesHigdon said:

At I37 we can bring our own beer and back right up to the turn 1 fence to watch. It’s better than watching races at home but CoTA seems to be going out of their way to make things difficult...we spend a lot of money out their (went to their Christmas show WITH NO BATHROOMS 3 times!) but they’re making it harder and harder to justify. 

SO YOU ARE PART OF THE FENCE BRIGADE .  funny how i didnt notice all of you till this season .i am always in the pits with the car  and didnt notice that area .. looks like fun over there ..can you really see the racing out there .i might take a ride on my orange mini bike  out there one night to  get a view .

Edited by HiTech

1 hour ago, HiTech said:

SO YOU ARE PART OF THE FENCE BRIGADE .  funny how i didnt notice all of you till this season .i am always in the pits with the car  and didnt notice that area .. looks like fun over there ..can you really see the racing out there .i might take a ride on my orange mini bike  out there one night to  get a view .

Yup; the view is better the closer you are to turn 1 but we typically get there about race time, end up closer to 2 and you can still see everything pretty well. It’s better if you’re in the back of a truck or in our case sitting on top of my beater suburban.

I’ve got a 19 month old and 6 year old, my sisters family (who usually comes with us) has 3 ranging from 1 to 8; sitting with our cars is SO much easier. We can let the kids run around and raise hell without bothering people which makes it a lot easier to enjoy the races.

COTA who is bound to have access to some pretty bright people should be able to figure out not many families are going to put up with their nonsense especially at a time when a lot of people with kids aren’t going to want to be crammed into shuttle buses. It’s almost like they just don’t give a damn if people go or not? 

4 hours ago, JamesHigdon said:

Yup; the view is better the closer you are to turn 1 but we typically get there about race time, end up closer to 2 and you can still see everything pretty well. It’s better if you’re in the back of a truck or in our case sitting on top of my beater suburban.

I’ve got a 19 month old and 6 year old, my sisters family (who usually comes with us) has 3 ranging from 1 to 8; sitting with our cars is SO much easier. We can let the kids run around and raise hell without bothering people which makes it a lot easier to enjoy the races.

COTA who is bound to have access to some pretty bright people should be able to figure out not many families are going to put up with their nonsense especially at a time when a lot of people with kids aren’t going to want to be crammed into shuttle buses. It’s almost like they just don’t give a damn if people go or not? 

diaper i bet they have something agaisnt diapers ..that has to be it .

Man, this COTA is a world class facility.  These Premium RV spots are 8 grand for 4 days and they are all sold out.  People arriving spending money like never before out here.  I feel like I have died and gove to heaven.  They is a ton of Lambos here that will be racing.  What a beautiful site

6 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Man, this COTA is a world class facility.  These Premium RV spots are 8 grand for 4 days and they are all sold out.  People arriving spending money like never before out here.  I feel like I have died and gove to heaven.  They is a ton of Lambos here that will be racing.  What a beautiful site

Wow; glad to hear the event is doing well. The track ended up allowing wagons (but not strollers...who knows) so we will be up there with our kids at least Saturday. Should be a lot of fun...for a state where “racing is dead” it’s great to see multiple NASCAR races, multiple IRL races and F1.

8 hours ago, JamesHigdon said:

Wow; glad to hear the event is doing well. The track ended up allowing wagons (but not strollers...who knows) so we will be up there with our kids at least Saturday. Should be a lot of fun...for a state where “racing is dead” it’s great to see multiple NASCAR races, multiple IRL races and F1.

its the new frontier. that we here in texas have known all along . the rest of the coutry thinks it an old dried out well with rallte nakes and indians ... . off the water well  kemosabe   the texas dust devils  are really dry ..get along little doggy  get along 

Edited by HiTech

On 5/20/2021 at 2:26 PM, 24nomo said:

I've raced there numerous times. It's by far the best facility I've raced at. The garages have plenty of clean bathrooms, air connections, and epoxy floors. It's nicer than my garage at home. 

For such horrible weather and planning the racing has been great and the crowd has blown me away.  All the general admission parking is straight mud pits; it’s going to be like San Antonio Speedway at 2am after a rainout here at about 7pm...this is about the 5th time that’s happened out here you figure they’d learn? Most of the sitting areas are pretty full though; it’s good to see.