I-37 Weekend Preview- Johnny Torres

RodneyRodriguez

BACK  at the first practice they had jesse made me get in the car first  i knowing i am not going to do any justice in the 7 car .. but just a feel for things i may find .. the tech man stuck his head in the window telling i could not go out on  the track i wasnt the driver .lol .. johnny  looked through windshield  and said just a warning the car ahead of you is 100 percent rookie first time out .... i looked at him and said so am i .. i had never taken a lap on that track ever in that car or any car .. i think that was the slowest i have ever been on a track i did no justice i think the tech man said something to jesse about just how sad i looked .lol .. jesse said watch him at sts .. ... 28 years or so out of a car with just a few races or practice here and there  a racer it wont make me .. i still have the drive i still know what i am looking for i can tell if its  the car  that crazy or me i still know if i could just get a few million more practice laps and half that behind the wheel in a race i make do something good .. .. i havent lost the drive to win just the drive to keep it between the lines safely ..  .you really never know just how hard it really is to be good on a track once you climb back into one after all this time .. and on dirt at that .. these drivers racing as hard as they can have me beat by a mile  alot is going on in that car .. .. i think what johnny is doing will trun out great  for dirt track racing .. he may be a racer and most dont turn out good managers of tracks but he seems to have the best in mind and does not  use its my way or the highway attitude or even show his dislike for someone he  does not really care for . a good promoter lets that all go .s i hope him good luck .and sadly we wont make the friday race little issue with getting right parts for our motor . but if  things work out saturday night we might be on fire for us  THAT IS 8 CYLINDERS FIREING OFF .. this week we could only talk 7 into wanting to race  one went to canada for a vacation i guess  ...

4 hours ago, HiTech said:

BACK  at the first practice they had jesse made me get in the car first  i knowing i am not going to do any justice in the 7 car .. but just a feel for things i may find .. the tech man stuck his head in the window telling i could not go out on  the track i wasnt the driver .lol .. johnny  looked through windshield  and said just a warning the car ahead of you is 100 percent rookie first time out .... i looked at him and said so am i .. i had never taken a lap on that track ever in that car or any car .. i think that was the slowest i have ever been on a track i did no justice i think the tech man said something to jesse about just how sad i looked .lol .. jesse said watch him at sts .. ... 28 years or so out of a car with just a few races or practice here and there  a racer it wont make me .. i still have the drive i still know what i am looking for i can tell if its  the car  that crazy or me i still know if i could just get a few million more practice laps and half that behind the wheel in a race i make do something good .. .. i havent lost the drive to win just the drive to keep it between the lines safely ..  .you really never know just how hard it really is to be good on a track once you climb back into one after all this time .. and on dirt at that .. these drivers racing as hard as they can have me beat by a mile  alot is going on in that car .. .. i think what johnny is doing will trun out great  for dirt track racing .. he may be a racer and most dont turn out good managers of tracks but he seems to have the best in mind and does not  use its my way or the highway attitude or even show his dislike for someone he  does not really care for . a good promoter lets that all go .s i hope him good luck .and sadly we wont make the friday race little issue with getting right parts for our motor . but if  things work out saturday night we might be on fire for us  THAT IS 8 CYLINDERS FIREING OFF .. this week we could only talk 7 into wanting to race  one went to canada for a vacation i guess  ...

I've watched you race many of times at Corpus Christi Speedway. You held your own pretty well.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:36 AM, Radical said:

I've watched you race many of times at Corpus Christi Speedway. You held your own pretty well.

THANKS BUT ARE  U  REALLY TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE ..LOL  you must be old TO REMEMBER ME ....EITHER I WAS PURTY GOOD AT IT OR EVERYONE AROUND JUST SUCKED .. ID SAY THE LATTER ..its still fun   for the most part still alot of work and i say work because the older you get  the less your body lets you do . so its work just to get the body to do something  i dont think i could ever walk away .and i have tried every winter to walk away .that last for a short time ..