GCRS at Houston winners

Weather attempted to spoil the fun but as it was put Denise May looking from above cleared the sky and dried the 3/8 mile Houston Motorsports Park as the Gulf Coast Racing Series launched 2021 in front of a great and energetic crowd.

Race Winners:

Eco Stock: 76 Will Planter

NASKARTS: 23 Corey o' Donnell

Lone Star Legacy: 73 Drew Simental

NASCAR Super Stock Stock: 00 Beau Bukowski

NASCAR Outlaws: 7 Chris Schild

NASCAR Pro Modifieds: 21 Jason Marshall

NASCAR GCRS Trucks: 48 Jake Wright

GCRS is back at HMP May 29th for Texas pavement racing action. GCRS brings Mobile Int'l Speedway back to life with race day on May 1st. First GCRS 2021 Truck Tour race is the HMP event on May 29th.

The only way to stop the bullies from punting is to get out and bust them in the mouth.  But, they usually wont punt someone that will  do that.  I think the punters are bullies.   Let hope they punt the wrong guy one day and we see jack handles in the pits again.  Man, those were the days

1 hour ago, rails said:

I was wondering how things went. I wasn't able to make it, and don't do the bookface deal to know what is going on there. Sometimes you can end the punting in the pits though

There is punting and then there is bump and run .. BUMP AND RUN MUST NOT BE THE CASE HERE ...  

Yeah I am not sure what really went on. I had to leave town for work and wasn't able to make it. So unless I read it on here I have no idea what really happened. But I have seen plenty of it in the past there. But sometimes they get sent to the back of the field. With that choose cone they use there a guy can sometimes work his way back to the front pretty quick though. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:31 AM, 24nomo said:

Lots of punting going on,  two guys with a chance to win it got punted.  One poor guy in the street stock got punted on last lap for second.  Not good.  The same guy punted him twice

On 4/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, rails said:

Yeah I am not sure what really went on. I had to leave town for work and wasn't able to make it. So unless I read it on here I have no idea what really happened. But I have seen plenty of it in the past there. But sometimes they get sent to the back of the field. With that choose cone they use there a guy can sometimes work his way back to the front pretty quick though. 

I believe you are referring to the action between my son (#22) and the 89. I drive the 52 (and 55) and can assure you guys that it was good hard racing. (No grudges, yet.) Yes, watching the video the 89 drove deep down into 3 and spun the 22. Halfway through the race my son had made a helluva pass on the 89 and the 89 tried to make a move and it didn't work, and spun him. Unfortunately, the 'all involved' rule applied and they were both sent to the back.

The only comment about the last lap incident was that it WAS the last lap and there wasn't a green, white checkered to settle it. Now THAT would have been interesting.

It was all good in the pits (between the drivers) after the race.

The 00, 22 and 89 are within hundredths of one another. That will always make for exciting racing. Quite frankly, 3-10ths covers the class.

I had fun racing side-by-side with the 12. The 52, 12 and 44 were three-wide for 2 laps. Clean racing.

The class has gone through some gyrations but 'The Best is Yet to Come'

Nothing better than good drivers and good cars going at it .things happen . i have lost races by inches and won them that way  .and have ran poeple over and have been ran over .. when its that tight that is thge most  fun ..and never get mad about it .. you chose to push it just like the other driver chose to push it and i bet they all had smiles during that race ....  THAT IS CALLED  RACING ..and darn i missed it ..the best thing is the fans saw a heck of a race and that is what they paid for ..it just takes two to make it a show .. 

Edited by HiTech

On 4/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, radracr said:

I believe you are referring to the action between my son (#22) and the 89. I drive the 52 (and 55) and can assure you guys that it was good hard racing. (No grudges, yet.) Yes, watching the video the 89 drove deep down into 3 and spun the 22. Halfway through the race my son had made a helluva pass on the 89 and the 89 tried to make a move and it didn't work, and spun him. Unfortunately, the 'all involved' rule applied and they were both sent to the back.

The only comment about the last lap incident was that it WAS the last lap and there wasn't a green, white checkered to settle it. Now THAT would have been interesting.

It was all good in the pits (between the drivers) after the race.

The 00, 22 and 89 are within hundredths of one another. That will always make for exciting racing. Quite frankly, 3-10ths covers the class.

I had fun racing side-by-side with the 12. The 52, 12 and 44 were three-wide for 2 laps. Clean racing.

The class has gone through some gyrations but 'The Best is Yet to Come'

Got that,.  If you dont put a knot on their head in the pits for spinning you out on the last turn, last lap, for second place, they will continue to bully you.   Bullies tend to take over tracks and run them.  You know, the fans love that stuff, boys have at it, etc.  

6 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Got that,.  If you dont put a knot on their head in the pits for spinning you out on the last turn, last lap, for second place, they will continue to bully you.   Bullies tend to take over tracks and run them.  You know, the fans love that stuff, boys have at it, etc.  

SO ARE YOU SAYING YOU ARE A BULLY .. .......i never let a bully get away with knocking me around   . but its how you handle it makes a different ..ussualy the threat of a destroyed car the next race stops it or we agree that wont happen again . i have offered to meet them out on the track with our cars  and see who last  out  the longest ..never had one take the offer ..i go to races to have fun not to fight  .you can go anywhere for a fight 

10 minutes ago, HiTech said:

i go to races to have fun not to fight  .you can go anywhere for a fight 

I'm with you Mr Hi-Tech.....Drama is one thing and there's always plenty of it to go around at every race and every track. Fighting is entirely another and that's not why I go see a race. Racing isn't about who can beat up another person(s) with a tire iron or whatever is handiest to use. Its about the car that crosses the finish line first

1 hour ago, King237 said:

I'm with you Mr Hi-Tech.....Drama is one thing and there's always plenty of it to go around at every race and every track. Fighting is entirely another and that's not why I go see a race. Racing isn't about who can beat up another person(s) with a tire iron or whatever is handiest to use. Its about the car that crosses the finish line first

Crap like this is one reason I quit. If you're not mature enough to keep your emotions in check you shouldn't be behind the wheel.

5 hours ago, King237 said:

Radical: I agree with you 100%

SOMETIMES  emotions can get the best of a driver . last year we had a bad half season and still finished iN   the top five in points at two tracks and  think top 15 in usra ..  too many nights going home with a torn up car  mainly rear ends  and one blown motor . loss of too many tires and rims  and use of hammer and revet gun way too many times . tie rods center links . and not once did we wreck anyone on our accord . driver does  not like working on his car for no reason . many times we could have knocked heads around and some of those drivers are top tier  who cant seem to have enough talent to race door to door or patients to boot . JESSE  will do what ever he can to keep from wrecking others .. .after the races he will ussualy go over to the other driver to see what their excuse was  or give them his.. . so far in the last few years we have kept our tempers more that we should have .. but we are there to race ...not saying a time will come when we forget its racing .. plus you have young fans   who should not see that stuff going on in the pits between teams .. fact i never say anything to another team about their drivers action  i wasnt driving and what i saw does not matter and i dont care what the other team mates think unless that teams brings it up to me ... two drivers are the only ones on the track  THEY BOTH KNOW WHAT HAPPENED . LET THEM FIX IT . pit crews can make it more than what it should be ..  ME I LIKE TO HANDLE MY OWN  ..

Edited by HiTech

12 hours ago, Radical said:

Crap like this is one reason I quit. If you're not mature enough to keep your emotions in check you shouldn't be behind the wheel.

alot of that had to do with track management at some  tracks .. seems some like torn up cars to keep the fans coming .. in the end they lose when drivers like you park them ..i figure each driver comes with least four crew members .and maybe that many fans in the stand min... add that up . concession loss .good advertisment loss .. and just the thought of fans not going back to any race anywhere ....

bump and run is part of short track racing.  Also drivers misjudge the move.  none of this on the first action demand a fight.  if you are racing and looking for a to fight you need to find a different hobby.  

When bump and runs turn into bump and spin, there is a problem.   Spin a guy two times in the race, he is a bully.  Probably should not try the bump and spin two times in a race if you dont want to have issues in the pits.   Every driver claims he misjudged when he spins someone.   Numerous misjudgments leads to people defending themselves in the pits or the bullies continue to misjudge.  This is not golf, this is whiskey drinking, snuff dipping, camel smoking car racing.  If  little pit action bothers you, maybe gold would be better

8 hours ago, 24nomo said:

When bump and runs turn into bump and spin, there is a problem.   Spin a guy two times in the race, he is a bully.  Probably should not try the bump and spin two times in a race if you dont want to have issues in the pits.   Every driver claims he misjudged when he spins someone.   Numerous misjudgments leads to people defending themselves in the pits or the bullies continue to misjudge.  This is not golf, this is whiskey drinking, snuff dipping, camel smoking car racing.  If  little pit action bothers you, maybe gold would be better

Not every driver Bud, if I dumped your a$$ , you had it coming, I made no excuse, alot of drivers did the same as I did , never looked for trouble but never ran from it either, I will agree with you , it ain't golf

18 hours ago, 24nomo said:

That is what the bullies want.  They win if you quit

I don't think it's so much that they want you to quit, I think it's more they haven't matured enough to keep their emotions in check. I have not one problem of someone coming up to me after the race and talk about it. To be out on the track with a 3400 lb. weapon and intentionally take you out is just something a child would do. Racers need to be mature enough to keep it together on the track and mature enough to discuss it in the pits. After you're in the pits and you still have a disagreement then a mutual decision to fight is okay with me.