bristol

HiTech

32 minutes ago, rickracer said:

I stand corrected! NASCAR pulled it off! And yes it was a great show! Please accept my apologies!

no apologies needed.  I'm just glad they got to run the race and it was as good as I thought it would be.  hopefully next year they will run it at night to help to keep the moisture in the track to keep the dust down.   it will also be really interesting next year with the next gen car.

I'm going to guess that you are not a fan of dirt track racing.  That's ok because I saw a good race with them learning as they went.  This will make it a better show when they do it again next year.  

When 24nomo said gimmick one popped in my head . Have a competition yellow with 15 laps to go at every race. That would make the race to the checkered exciting every race and give all the wrecking , noise , metal crunching and sparks anyone could handle. And you would never know who would survive , uh , win!

2 hours ago, 24nomo said:

It was a gimmick that was a big dust bowl.  This is just not what I like watching.   I like the high speed tracks that when they wreck, there is lots of noise and metal crunching, with sparks

TWO POST SOUND LIKE TOYOTA TIM CHANGE HIS AVATAR . AM I WRONG  high speed tracks  when they wreck there is lots of noise and metal crunching with sparks ... that gave me the clue or you are a twinn brother .;);;   

fans that love to see wrecked cars is not a fan of racing . he is a demo derby freak and should look for those types of racing .. i am a racer aUSE TO OWNER DRIVER   cost and hours of work to repair wasnt my CUP OF TEA  .racing  next to the other driver  door to door lap after lap  doing everything  i can or he can to pass with out wrecking .. no pushing or knocking the other out of the way when a great race between both of u is going on .. that is racing wrecking is demo .find another channel to watch .

1 hour ago, arob said:

When 24nomo said gimmick one popped in my head . Have a competition yellow with 15 laps to go at every race. That would make the race to the checkered exciting every race and give all the wrecking , noise , metal crunching and sparks anyone could handle. And you would never know who would survive , uh , win!

wrestling is a gimmick and fake ..racing  isnt  ..its real 

6 minutes ago, 24nomo said:

I am paying for a ticket, not the cars, It is cool to see the action and wrecks are part of it

you are paying for a ticket praying for wrecked cars .i bet that ticket you buy when there are no wrecked cars gets burned after you stomp it on the way out the gate  . the others are hanging on your trophy  wall .. this ticket was worth 10 cars .this one 15 cars .. YAHOO . but least you show up ..and tracks thank you .

Edited by HiTech

some gimmicks are fun, like inverting the whole field in qualifying.   Put the trash in front and the high dolla cars in the back and turn em loose.  They did that at one race, i cant remember, but they had to take a break to get enough cars fixed to race.  I think they ran another few races after numerous attempts to start.  Now that was fun to watch

17 hours ago, 24nomo said:

some gimmicks are fun, like inverting the whole field in qualifying.   Put the trash in front and the high dolla cars in the back and turn em loose.  They did that at one race, i cant remember, but they had to take a break to get enough cars fixed to race.  I think they ran another few races after numerous attempts to start.  Now that was fun to watch

i try not to look at a another teams car as trash ..sometimes that is all the team can afford and think about it with  out what one would call trash you could   have no class of cars over A short period of time  .. .. i have had what would be considered trash when i started  but i  showed up and gave it my all ..  THE GOOD THING WAS  and is still around today is some driver or team  does not want his car torn up by so called trash would help that driver  or team  out .. i was helped . and i helped many others along the way . todays trash might be your best competitor in a couple of years  the family grows you know   . MANY OF THOSE WRECKED CARS  wasnt  caused by trash cars .. BY DRIVERS WHO LOST TALENT AND PATIENTS  ..i welcome all new comers ..because we all were there at one time .. 

11 hours ago, HiTech said:

i try not to look at a another teams car as trash ..sometimes that is all the team can afford and think about it with  out what one would call trash you could   have no class of cars over A short period of time  .. .. i have had what would be considered trash when i started  but i  showed up and gave it my all ..  THE GOOD THING WAS  and is still around today is some driver or team  does not want his car torn up by so called trash would help that driver  or team  out .. i was helped . and i helped many others along the way . todays trash might be your best competitor in a couple of years  the family grows you know   . MANY OF THOSE WRECKED CARS  wasnt  caused by trash cars .. BY DRIVERS WHO LOST TALENT AND PATIENTS  ..i welcome all new comers ..because we all were there at one time .. 

Very well said Mike.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:29 AM, HiTech said:

Yea, I didnt know what to call them, I guess i meant slow cars.  But at the racetrack, when a racer has a slow car, he calls his car a sh__ box, junk or trash.  Just using racers lingo

Edited by 24nomo

On 3/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, HiTech said:

wrestling is a gimmick and fake ..racing  isnt  ..its real 

All kidding aside, if they do nothing but wreck, good luck affording a ticket to watch a dozen or so cars, if you're lucky. What's a NASCAR Cup car cost nowadays? Yeah, destroy them all and see how many keep coming back after burning that much cash, plus sponsors won't support them to the extent they do now if everything is trashed out, but hey maybe it'll work...

12 hours ago, 24nomo said:

Yea, I didnt know what to call them, I guess i meant slow cars.  But at the racetrack, when a racer has a slow car, he calls his car a sh__ box, junk or trash.  Just using racers lingo

UNDERSTAND ..   being part of racing  in some form or another for a good  59 years or so  .and hands on  full time starting in 84 up till now i have been in all those worlds as a fan .as an owner as a builder .a driver and anything else to do with racing i suppose .. except owner and operator of a track . this is a  fun sport but its hard work  long long hours and very costly the pay sucks   off season you spend umpteen amounts of time and money getting ready for the next season   the cost gets higher and higher every year and tracks can not charge the gate the price we really need for a show for track and teams we get paid about the same as 20 years ago it isnt about the pay that wont cover the investment anyway  ..  during the season  and in dirt racing a very short off season   seeing cars torn up and poeple loving it just sort of puts a bad taste in my mouth ..  . if you have never been part of a team  been around a race car being built  never go down in the pits where you can see what goes on  . i  will be the first to invite you to come out to a dirt race . LOOK FOR THE   black number 7 factory  stock stop by during or after the races  or just go up to any team get to know them , racers are family and anyone n the stands is welcome .EVEN THE WRECK LOVERS .

Edited by HiTech