bristol

HiTech

I think we'll be able to gauge today on how it will look. I saw parts of the first practice and part of the second. NASCAR should have an idea how it's going to go with the cars having been on the track and should make track preparations to adjust. At least I hope they do.

3 hours ago, Radical said:

I think we'll be able to gauge today on how it will look. I saw parts of the first practice and part of the second. NASCAR should have an idea how it's going to go with the cars having been on the track and should make track preparations to adjust. At least I hope they do.

well we all know  track  conditions are almost never what you practiced on when it comes to dirt tracks .. . a bad car yesterday might be the fastest car today .

Whiteaker is a very solid driver.  I doubt he has a PR guy, but that is who gets the recognition, the guys with PR guys.    Most of the time, the Press will only write negative press on a driver so they can get some hits on their page/site.   They dont report much about good old boys just racing.

I know the guys with Billions of dollars requested this Bristol Dirt fiasco, I hope they learned their lesson.  There could have been racing on the pavement yesterday.   When there is that much money on the line attached to television, dirt is not the answer.  Unreliable, dusty and muddy.   And why Bristol?   

Tv asked for the dirt race.  Maybe the asphalt guys should have taken a page out of the dirt guys play book and removed the windshields so that wouldn't have been a problem.  

Or we should wait until they have time to dry and prep the track.  It's just the same as what happens when it rains on a normal nascar weekend.  I can clearly read that some of have a true dislike for dirt.  But if they are going to call these guys the best racers then they should compete on a dirt surface. And don't start with the well then they should go to a dirt track.  We all know that none of the current tracks are going to give up a date to go to a track they don't own.  That's why the cup was never going to eldora.   If they would have removed the windshield and added bars like a "dirt car"  this wouldn't have been a issue.  There is a reason dirt cars don't have them.  You can't call this a failure until they race.  

Guys cmon this track is not a dirt track. You haul all this sawdust, unnative dirt in it will not cooperate when laid on this surface. Eldora would have been a great choice hell even CBS, Texana, STS, 37 at this point in a flood happening there but they cannot sustain what all is in this mix. When Cup rolls in it's much more than the track itself.

The windshield? These are not dirt cars, these are what this series races. Why not a regular dirt windshield? Take a look at all of that stuff sitting on a dash and under it on a cup car and truck I do that think having that covered in dust and mud is conducive to the cause. That shit is worth way more on one car that I (and most of you) earn in a year.

This is not a dirt series did you see what the King Petty said? Give is time, Mother Nature remains Undefeated.

Yes sir Mr Rod, noone could have run on that track yesterday.  WIndshields or not, it was too muddy.  Could you imagine the drivers getting slimed without a windshield?  That was not a solution at all.     You are correct, these are cup cars and trucks.  Removing the windshield would require doing something with the ECU system which is vital to these cars. Then do something different to the cooling and air ducts.  At some point, it is not a cup car any longer.  The had already run dirt cars during the week.  This was the attraction, running cup cars on dirt.  The idea just did not get cooperation from mother nature.  Nascar put a lot of time, effort and money into this.  It is not over, there is time for this to at least be a good show. 

1 hour ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Guys cmon this track is not a dirt track. You haul all this sawdust, unnative dirt in it will not cooperate when laid on this surface. Eldora would have been a great choice hell even CBS, Texana, STS, 37 at this point in a flood happening there but they cannot sustain what all is in this mix. When Cup rolls in it's much more than the track itself.

The windshield? These are not dirt cars, these are what this series races. Why not a regular dirt windshield? Take a look at all of that stuff sitting on a dash and under it on a cup car and truck I do that think having that covered in dust and mud is conducive to the cause. That shit is worth way more on one car that I (and most of you) earn in a year.

This is not a dirt series did you see what the King Petty said? Give is time, Mother Nature remains Undefeated.

TMS HAS A DIRT TRACK WHY NASCAR DIDNT USE THAT TRACK IS ANOTHER QUESTION MARK   . . i think just the  dash on one of those cars cost more than i make a year. lol ....now i bet nascar would have made a deal with tony  knowing what they know now .to late ..i thought running ot at bristol wasnt a great ideal ..

Rodney there is an asphalt track that they put dirt on and run normal shows.  its called Dirt on the Rev or the Rev.  The issue in Bristol this weekend is the flooding amount of rain they got.  there is still standing water around the track.  we are saying this race is a shame before it is even ran.  lets pump the brakes and watch the race.  that track did a great job holding up to the week of the dirt nationals.