Mark Chrudimsky photo

NickHolt

25 minutes ago, King237 said:

I recall him at age 14 driving his street stock on the outside at Longhorn to beat guys two and three times his age....probably how he got that nickname

I recall him racing at Corpus Christi Speedway. He seemed to be giving Greg Carlucci Sr. a hard time. I was amazed he was that young then.

I remember that school bus race - I think it was at the first of the postseason CrashORamas(name ?).

I believe that was the same day he won the train race in his Dirty30 car after going a lap down when the pulling car paired with him spun and wound up side by side facing the same way. Chrudimsky fired up his engine, spun his car around against the chain so he was in the pulling position, and off they went after the other "train". I thought they lost all chance when his trunk lid came open and blocked the view out of the back (as the pulling car, he was going backwards), but it didn't slow him down. Not only did they unlap themselves but they repassed the lead pair to win. Between the bus and train races, he put on quite a show that day. Didn't win the boat race, but he was entertaining in that as well. 😁😁

Edited by texasprd

Chris Davidson in his pit stall near the scales. He was in the stands after his Modified became a fireball down the back stretch and even caught some of the grass behind the wall on fire. We were behind his parents that night, momma was scared, daddy was reassuring he's fine. Mark comes up and asked if anyone had some hot dogs or marshmallows guess he heard something from the Davidson camp and Mark dropped anchor and exposed the full moon and the Davidson camp was laughing in the pits.