CC Speedway sold! t's fate is unknown at this point

NickHolt

Yes , tons of memories at CCS. The first race I attended was there in 1956. I remember the top class the cars had no fenders front and rear.I remember the flathead Fords were the hot engine. It was not unusual to start 30 cars in a feature in some classes over the years. And how can you forget how rowdy the Australian Pursuits were! I think I'll run by there and see if they will let me get a chunk of race track asphalt. Dale Jr. needs to send a crew down for Lost Speedways before it is too late. You know Lucky Number Programs would be a cool thing to bring back to the tracks of today.

19 hours ago, arob said:

Yes , tons of memories at CCS. The first race I attended was there in 1956. I remember the top class the cars had no fenders front and rear.I remember the flathead Fords were the hot engine. It was not unusual to start 30 cars in a feature in some classes over the years. And how can you forget how rowdy the Australian Pursuits were! I think I'll run by there and see if they will let me get a chunk of race track asphalt. Dale Jr. needs to send a crew down for Lost Speedways before it is too late. You know Lucky Number Programs would be a cool thing to bring back to the tracks of today.

shoot i would settle for a cotton candy right now from those days ..loved those sticky fingers .. remember the open flame cooking going on the smoke and smell from the concession blowing into the stands made you keep going back for more  real food back then no frozen burger patties .. and old ken cessna  last name not spelled right i think   playing well the race is on,  buck owens  and roger millers dang me .... arob did u ever visit with ken at the court house working the jury room  he and i never missed talking about racing from those days he would light up when you mentioned cc speedway and at 90 something was very clear in memory   i think he announced for 15 years ..missed him with his greetings after he passed it was the only time u would get to see him out and about ..ill add arob those old cars were called jalopy back then 

Edited by HiTech