CC Speedway sold! t's fate is unknown at this point

NickHolt

I'm looking for a major investor as I type, Radical.  I figure I'll need pretty much unlimited resources to put CC Speedway back on the national stock car racing map.  Look out Five Flags, here we come!

Just to give you an idea,  I plan on keeping the track configuration exactly as it is, because it's the most competitive short track in the country - and always has been. We will put some fresh asphalt down, but the banking and configuration will not change.  In addition, plans call for some decent retaining walls and safety fencing along with all new support buildings, multi-level scoring / media tower, updated utilities and state of the art rest rooms and drivers' lounges.

Still working on plans for the pits, but with the right investor, we'd see paved pits with water and electricity and WiFi in all 200 individual pits.  And to keep everything on the up and up, I envision a a large, well-lit tech building named after me, of course. I can see it now.  Welcome to the "Nick the Prick" Tech Building. 

In terms of PR, everything will be high tech in terms of internet, press box, TV-ready wideband and a state of the art scoring system.

Just to show that I'm old school,  I plan on retaining the flag stand for old times sake.

So, get in touch with me with your investment offers.  No tire kickers, please.

Nick

11 minutes ago, doitinthedirt said:

Nick I have no money but I do support your theories and everything that's on your mind about this track concession stands can make or break you fresh meat never Frozen

I EAT BEFORE I GET TO THE SOME OF THE TRACKS  .cant stand that cheap ace sams club so called hamburger meat ..taste like chewing on a wet wash rag .. really only one track i can eat the hamburgers all of it  .. edna ..    i never have an issue paying extra for a good meal anywhere  and that would include a racetrack .fact i would rather buy there and help the track out .. .. but no dog food ..and nick i am still trying to win the lotto just to build you that track  where you will be king dont know if anyone would race there .but hell need a tax write off .. as for cc a track i use to listen too  week after week in the late fifties before mom took us out there in 1961 .. i loved the track and it will always be a part of me .. so many memories i cant remember ...

1 hour ago, rickracer said:

Nick, you left out , you’d make everybody happy!

Ha.  I've been around the business side of pit wall too many years and know better than that! 

Having spent a good many years working with asphalt tracks and asphalt racing series, I have made just as many enemies as friends - probably more.  My philosophy was to always do what I thought was right and let the chips fall where they may. 

For instance, back in the day at SAS when I was NASCAR Chief Steward, I DQ'd the car Rick Rapp was crew chief on and it cost that team the championship that year.  Before that, Rick and I were close friends (I worked with him on Late Model suspension stuff for many years), but after that he didn't speak to me for years....While it didn't make a bit of difference, I discovered the panhard bar wouldn't hold a magnet.  I could have overlooked that easily, but I didn't and it cost me in a very personal way.

And there are probably a few of those "Piss on Nick Holt" decals floating around - and who can forget the giant "F... You Nick Holt" sign painted on the tech pad at SAS one weekend.  And Joey Heinaman's tee shirt when I was teching for TAMS. Anyone still have one of those?  I'd like to have one for old time's sake. 

But, on the other hand, there are some who understood that I was doing my best to be fair and forgave whatever mistakes I made along the way. 

Nick

23 hours ago, NickHolt said:

I'm looking for a major investor as I type, Radical.  I figure I'll need pretty much unlimited resources to put CC Speedway back on the national stock car racing map.  Look out Five Flags, here we come!

Just to give you an idea,  I plan on keeping the track configuration exactly as it is, because it's the most competitive short track in the country - and always has been. We will put some fresh asphalt down, but the banking and configuration will not change.  In addition, plans call for some descent retaining walls and safety fencing along with all new support buildings, multi-level scoring / media tower, updated utilities and state of the art rest rooms and drivers' lounges.

Still working on plans for the pits, but with the right investor, we'd see paved pits with water and electricity and WiFi in all 200 individual pits.  And to keep everything on the up and up, I envision a a large, well-lit tech building named after me, of course. I can see it now.  Welcome to the "Nick the Prick" Tech Building. 

In terms of PR, everything will be high tech in terms of internet, press box, TV-ready wideband and a state of the art scoring system.

Juts to show that I'm old school,  I plan on retaining the flag stand for old times sake.

So, get in touch with me with you investment offers.  No tire kickers, please.

Nick

I like your plans. Sounds like you've thought about this for a long time.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, FryarFan said:

Nick, don't forget a building on the place to manufacture and service your Lighter than Air chassis business that has taken a "back seat" after all these years.

Billy

FryarFan (Billy), We all know I made millions manufacturing and selling my patented "Lighter Than Air" racing chassis - made with plentiful Texas Racer Methane gas. But, I squandered the entire fortune investing in various stock car racing enterprises such as Lone Star Speedzone.

Back seat or not, there is absolutely no way to revive the LTA Chassis company since high quality Texas Racer Methane is in very short supply because, sadly, most of the Texas asphalt tracks have closed.  In years past, I was able to collect more than enough Texas Racer Methane every Saturday night at asphalt tracks - especially at Central Texas Speedway where the supply of high-intensity BS and Methane was almost endless.

So, I now simply watch dirt track racing from the sidelines.  Someone suggested that I use Dirt Track Methane, but the BS and Methane output at Texas Dirt Tracks is no where near as pure as that produced at Asphalt Tracks, and I don't want to produce an inferior product to tarnish the Lighter Than Air Chassis legacy.

Nick

4 hours ago, NickHolt said:

FryarFan (Billy), We all know I made millions manufacturing and selling my patented "Lighter Than Air" racing chassis - made with plentiful Texas Racer Methane gas. But, I squandered the entire fortune investing in various stock car racing enterprises such as Lone Star Speedzone.

Back seat or not, there is absolutely no way to revive the LTA Chassis company since high quality Texas Racer Methane is in very short supply because, sadly, most of the Texas asphalt tracks have closed.  In years past, I was able to collect more than enough Texas Racer Methane every Saturday night at asphalt tracks - especially at Central Texas Speedway where the supply of high-intensity BS and Methane was almost endless.

So, I now simply watch dirt track racing from the sidelines.  Someone suggested that I use Dirt Track Methane, but the BS and Methane output at Texas Dirt Tracks is no where near as pure as that produced at Asphalt Tracks, and I don't want to produce an inferior product to tarnish the Lighter Than Air Chassis legacy.

Nick

i take it nick does not  think dirt trackers can produce top grade methane , well being the last four years  running on the dirt i have to disagree with nick,  there is plenty of top grade bs going on that will produce the  grade nick seeks .. so nick show up at a local dirt track next year get some dirt mud and dust in that old grey hair and bring   your evac system  for some  top grade TRM. ..

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sinking feeling that the place will be nothing but memories before long.  Ricci Ware's Pan American Speedway gone. Paramount Austin (Speedarama) gone. San Antonio Speedway gone. Thunderhill Raceway Gone. Corpus Christi Speedway more than likely gone. 

Here's hoping HMP can hang on, but with all the high-dollar developments in the immediate area, it seems like the property could easily become more valuable as something other than a speedway at some point in the not too distant future... 

As an old fart who has invested time, effort and resources (in one way or another) in each of the tracks listed above, I am thankful for the memories, but wish the sport had a positive future.

Nick

So, I’m in Corpus today and went by the track earlier. Ran into a guy that is either the new owner or is involved. Most of you Corpus guys will know who it is. Had a very candid and cordial conversation with him; very nice man, and it appears from what he said that we have probably seen our last race

Edited by txtom

8 hours ago, txtom said:

So, I’m in Corpus today and went by the track earlier. Ran into a guy that is either the new owner or is involved. Most of you Corpus guys will know who it is. Had a very candid and cordial conversation with him; very nice man, and it appears from what he said that we have probably seen our last race

NO SURPIRSE  if that be the case ..once it shut down and became a cement plant the writing was on the wall .. it would take a ton of money to put that track back in action .plus most racers have moved over to dirt like us ...  spent most of my racing life at that track  spent a lot of time working on that track before the last owner tons and tons of memories .my father in law use to sneak out there  in 40s and 50s  when it was dirt to ride his motor bike his dad didnt know he had .. fact i road my mini bikes around that track  a few times in the 60s and early 70s . .took our bikes and rode wheelies  with old walter a few times ..my neighbors son is looking for a 71 program his dad had .many of the drivers poeple would remember i think those were 25 cents back then .

Edited by HiTech