Prayers to those ... who fight for our futures!

BeachBum

Fewer and fewer actually pray these days, and even fewer who would even consider praying for our military heroes and first responders. 

But, at least in Texas - and a few other states - there are those who truly understand that whatever freedoms we have left were won by courage, honor and blood. 

Our Heavenly Father, bless and protect our military members and first responders, honor our veterans and bring lasting peace to the families of those who lost loved ones for the cause of freedom.  Amen

Nick

when i see a veteran i thank him or her ..when i see an officer and many are vets i thank them .. i will and have driven up to them while parked and say thanks for serving .and times offer them something to drink or eat .. i  have paid  for their meals when i can . i  expect no favors from either .. i owe them ..thanks nick and everyone who served AND  serves  .. WHEN U SEE A VET A INLISTED A POLICE OFFICER  GAME WARDEN  BORDER PATROL AND SUCH  .TAKE TIME TO SAY THANKS..A SIMPLE  JESTER TO LET THEM KNOW THAY ARE HEROS . AND WE NEED TO ADD MEDICAL PROFEESIONALS  THEY ARE FIGHTING A WAR RIGHT HERE  IN DANGER EVERY SECOND  THEY ARE AT WORK ....

Edited by HiTech

4 hours ago, hray said:

I heard a woman on the radio yesterday telling a story about thanking a veteran. She saw an older man with a baseball cap on with an infantry patch on it so she said "Thank you for your service, Sir". He responded right back, "You were worth it." Best I've heard! 

THAT IS GREAT ONE ..I FINISHED a song i wrote and someday ill find someone who can sing . i cant at all .  .i am working on the music learning the piano ill see how that pans out .. a story of a vet  his life before and after military action . what  many vets go through  . trials losses mental and pride . hard to explain because all of it is in the song and then some ...my friend zeke   i lost last year too early  never knew he started me on this song sadly i never told him AND NOW WISHED I DID ....he pointed out one thing that started  this songs life  . he was in the navy and was part of the gulf war ..his daughter served in iraq .....and i have met others that helped me along the way  one elder vet whos hair stood up at what i had wrote up till then wanted me to finish it ... YOU WERE WORTH IT  would  fit in its meaning ...

Edited by HiTech

No matter political differences, one thing I can't stand is when someone disrespects a military service person, their families, and first responders unjustly. My daughter's grandfather was a city officer for a long time, I've seen firsthand the sacrifices their families make, the worry they have and that was in good times, know several active and former military personnel, several officers and firemen and have nothing but respect for all of them. Yes there are bad apples and I'm not defending them but 99% serve faithfully and honorably. So to those men and women and their families, thank you, not just on a holiday, but everyday. HiTech, hope you can find a singer.

6 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

No matter political differences, one thing I can't stand is when someone disrespects a military service person, their families, and first responders unjustly. My daughter's grandfather was a city officer for a long time, I've seen firsthand the sacrifices their families make, the worry they have and that was in good times, know several active and former military personnel, several officers and firemen and have nothing but respect for all of them. Yes there are bad apples and I'm not defending them but 99% serve faithfully and honorably. So to those men and women and their families, thank you, not just on a holiday, but everyday. HiTech, hope you can find a singer.

can you sing ..this wont be the best written song but it will hit a nerve ..i promise ..there is part in this song i have not found in any song i have heard .it was very hard to make it fit . but happens to almost every vet who went to battle . and even happens  to millions for other reasons .. took me over a year to find away to add it woke up with the way in the middle of the night ...........and i too cant stand it when someone disrespects those  who serve ..