The New 2020 Nascar Champ

metroracer

48 minutes ago, arob said:

The Chase definantly screwed Harvick. I think the regular season point winner should have an automatic slot in the Finals. But Elliott  earned the title and deserves it.

Yah, That was a Raw Deal for Harvick for sure....Kevin just had some bad luck in that last cut-off race.  It is what it is...Like arob said However....It went to a deserving recipient indeed...

19 hours ago, arob said:

The Chase definantly screwed Harvick. I think the regular season point winner should have an automatic slot in the Finals. But Elliott  earned the title and deserves it.

Nope I disagree 100% on this statement.  That would be like giving who ever had the best record in baseball, football, hockey, basketball a free ride into the championship game. I think personally and there is a few others in the industry that feel the points accumulated through out the season should be wiped clean after the first round and everyone is on the same page.  I most top sports your teams with best records have a first round bye so why not take the top 4 in regular season points and they get a bye to the second round and then everyone starts fresh.  

My only real issue with the chase is the way points accumulate once it starts. The drivers in the chase should only be scored against each other. Bad luck on lap one in the first round should get you 16th place points, not 40th place points. (Unless they've changed that recently?)

if harvick's  would have had a better last 8 races this wouldn't be a discussion.  he average 12th  and some of those were in the 20s.  he started with a 3 race cushion on points.  he also had the most points at all of the start of the rounds.  a free ride to the championship would mean that he can finish 40th in the playoffs and still run for the championship.  to me that would be worse than what happened this time.   I am a Harvick fan and they may have looked like a champion in the regular season but they did not in the play offs.  congrats to chase!  they won 3 races in the play offs to me that's championship numbers.  

23 hours ago, TBone said:

My only real issue with the chase is the way points accumulate once it starts. The drivers in the chase should only be scored against each other. Bad luck on lap one in the first round should get you 16th place points, not 40th place points. (Unless they've changed that recently?)

They are still running against the other cars.  these are supposed to be the best of the best.  if you don't want points for under 16th place done finish under 16th.