"Run what Ya Brung" to a new level

King237

Kalamazoo Speedway in Michigan has a yearly "Call of the Wild" race that has those Late Models with the big lexan sideboards.....I also saw Randy Sweet run one at Winchester Speedway trying to break the track record in '84 during the Winchester 400 weekend.

https://www.kalamazoospeedway.com/bozell-shatters-world-record-shewchuk-wins-call-of-the-wild/#:~:text=12-time track champion Andy,9.924 held by Mike Shewchuk.

Can you say big cajones!

6 hours ago, King237 said:

Wow that was fassssssssst for sure ....9.4 for a 3/8 mile track @ 142mph!

Those cars have enough piping in them to do a 4000SF home just about

You must be a plumber by trade.....LOL

There's another gopro video of that....You can see that the track isn't that smooth and you can hear it scraping the ground.

I love watching short track racing from all over the country and the Hudson event along with Kalamazoo's call of the wild are great but Rockford's Bahama Brackets are the highlight of the season as far as I'm concerned. Think run what you brung bracket racing but on a circle track with dozens of cars and with classifications for EVERYTHING. 

2020 Bahama Brackets Highlights

On 10/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, King237 said:

James Higdon: That was a great video...really enjoyed watching it! I wonder if a race was ever put together like that in Texas if it would be a hit? 

I think if it was based around the right kind of cars it would do spectacularly; see Reb’s comment about the Lonestar 600. Brad Dixon didn’t put that race together by accident; he’s know for years it would work, got the chance and he’s been proven 100% correct. Just because a guy can’t afford a cutting edge chassis doesn’t mean he wants to run a slower car; these kind of races make room for those guys. Old tech asphalt/dirt cars are abundant here as are stock chassis, steel body dirt cars. Hell...IF ONE ASPHALT TRACK WOULD TRY AND RUN THAT KIND OF CAR IT WOULD WORK...

Edited by JamesHigdon

On 11/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, JamesHigdon said:

Old tech asphalt/dirt cars are abundant here as are stock chassis, steel body dirt cars. Hell...IF ONE ASPHALT TRACK WOULD TRY AND RUN THAT KIND OF CAR IT WOULD WORK...

Thanks for Making that Point James....  Great Point !!!

Edited by metroracer

21 hours ago, metroracer said:

Thanks for Making that Point James....  Great Point.....I have Two cars that I have been holding back.  Been Holding my cars back waiting for more competitive type of "old Tech asphalt/ dirt cars w/ stock chassis & steel bodied cars" type of rules package to be able to race with the same type of " Old Tech Type of Asphalt or Dirt type of cars" in competitive manor.   I have sort of given up hope on that front as a lost cause.  I do agree with you James,  It would work very good,  It has in the past....  (aka, Pro-Stocks) But I am only just one person,  No body has been listening.....It is just a lost cause and I will continue to try to sell my Cars, Tires, Wheels, Transponder, Radio Equip.,  & extra parts..... Thank You LSSZ Family....

There are a TON of those cars out there; from old SAS charger style cars to THR/SAS style Latemodels and everything in-between. The only reference point needed would be the CTS Street Stocks; you had everything from limited latemodels to Chargers to Outlaw Superstocks running the same class and running up front due to the way the rules where staggered. I know the Outlaw Super Stock is popular in the South East and that allows Houston racers to run in Florida/Alabama but in South/Central TX the cars sitting in garages on jack stands are all stock stub, steel bodied cars with the occasional NASCAR Latemodel Stock. I did the research in '18 and at the time there where dozens of those cars in the Central, South and Coastal Bend areas of TX...something like the Brackets at HMP could draw some of those cars off the jackstands just like it has in WI/IL.