Tecate Season Championship Night

top_shelf_12

Another long and intense Championship season comes to a close tonight at South Texas Speedway. Four classes are in attendance with 3 champions to be determined this evening. John Wayne Wilson has clinched the Bomber Championship but last time out, provided one of the best finishes ever at STS edging out youngster Nathan Titzman by a nose at the line. Shane Sturtz and Emma Hendricks come in tied for second so they will be determined to settle that position and I'm sure Titzman will be gunning to avenge the close call last time out.

In the Emods it's a three horse race with I believe the top 2 winning every race this year. Gilbert Perez III holds a 12 point lead on JD Legg. Zach Calhoun sits 3rd just 15 points behind. Dustin and Brianna Witzsche round out the top 5 and both have proven they can be challenges as well as they look for some momentum for next year.

Factory Stock point leader Joshua Sewell is looking to become a 2 track champion as he sits 17 points ahead of Ben Mikulencak. Even with the challenges Ryan Carlucci has faced with his car, he comes in 3rd 29 behind Sewell and 12 behind Mikulencak. Stephan Danielsen looks to hold on to 4th over Daniel Preston.

Limited Mod features a very tight race and another driver going for the 2 track championship as well. Johnny Torres sits 19 points ahead of one of the hottest drivers in the state, Jared Maupin and burgeoning young gun Mason Castaneda. Multiple time track champion, Dustin Butcher is a distant 4th, but always a threat to be the last car to leave the track. Chase Laven rounds out the top 5 after an impressive rookie season in Limited Mods.

Weather is nice, track looks good so come out or tune in as we put a cap on what can only be described as an unique 2020 season. This won't be the last night of the year though as the Jerry Whiteaker Memorial is set for the first weekend in December so stay tuned for more information on that event. All observations are from my point of view in the stands. All results are Unofficial and I do not have any contact with track officials during the event. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D. Witzsche with a great jump into 2nd but yellow out again as Monroe and E. Ross go around and from mid pack on scramble to avoid. Ross and Koliba trying to get separated as everyone else refires and settles into the field. Perez, Dudley, D. Witzsche, B. Witzsche and Monroe top 5 with 5 or 6 remaining.