Austin Wayne Self's Crew Chief, Eddie Trocconis, reportedly fired

2 hours ago, King237 said:

I just saw the  entry list for Kansas  and Ryan Salomon is now listed as the crew chief. Does anyone know of him?

I think Ryan used to work as an engineer for GMS Racing (Brett Moffitt, Sheldon Creed, others) in the truck series. He's not exactly a big name and I don't think he's ever been a NASCAR crew chief in any of the top-three series. 

I could be wrong, but I'd say he's being asked to fill in until AM Racing hires a permanent replacement.  Although I believe Ryan had a lot to do with GMS recent success serving as their lead engineer.

I will say this, though. Firing Eddie Trocconis has a lot of folks shaking their heads. Some say AM Racing can't afford his salary any longer while others are saying that AM Racing will have a hard time landing a proven crew chief in light of the recent firing and the team's overall middle of the pack record. 

I agree on Eddie for sure. I really would like to see AWS run Top 10 but this team is going in the wrong direction. They’ve had time to season and gel and it’s just not happening. Now with firing Eddie, they’ve taken yet another step in the wrong direction. Correct if wrong but the only sponsor he has attracted is family money. That can only last so long. Any others have opinions on this?