New 'Texas Short Track Promoter of the Year Award' announced on Revved Up Sports Show
Annual award will recognize outstanding efforts in several categories

AUSTIN, Texas (Oct. 5, 2020) — RaceOnTexas.com owner Chris David and Revved Up Sports Show (RUSS) host Rodney Rodriguez have announced the creation of a new Texas Short Track Promoter of the Year Award, to be presented annually by the two well-known media entities. 

This year's recipient will be announced on the show on Monday, November 2. A selection committee will meet throughout October to discuss potential candidates and the merits of each one. 

The award will recognize outstanding efforts by short track operators in a number of key categories; including fan and racer satisfaction, health of current divisions and efforts to attract new fans to the sport. Every track located inside the borders of Texas is up for annual consideration. 

“This is something I feel is long overdue and can provide some well-deserved recognition to the guys and gals who work so hard to keep our great sport alive and thriving here in Texas,” Rodriguez said. “Today's short track promoters face huge challenges, and it's time to recognize their efforts.” 

Chris David has amassed a large group of videographers at his company, which expanded with a new SpeedPass service this year that offers Live Streaming at tracks all across the state. Each of those dedicated staff members watch the action very closely, and David knows how hard these folks work. 

“I really love this concept of providing recognition to one hard-working short track promoter every year,” David said. “Rodney was right, we are blessed with several good folks in this state who toil away in the trenches all season long to ensure race fans get a good show. It's time to start honoring the ones who go above and beyond, people who go the extra mile to promote our great sport.” 

Among the active tracks on the list for consideration each year for the Texas Short Track Promoter of the Year Award; Big O Speedway, Ennis, TX; Boyd Raceway, Boyd, TX; Cotton Bowl Speedway, Paige, TX; Devil's Bowl Speedway, Mesquite, TX; Heart O' Texas Speedway, Elm Mott, TX; I-37 Speedway, Pleasanton, TX; Houston Motorsports Park, Houston, TX; Monarch Motor Speedway, Wichita Falls, TX; Route 66 Motor Speedway, Amarillo, TX; Texana Raceway, Edna, TX; RPM Speedway, Crandall, TX; West Texas Speedway, Lubbock, TX; and South Texas Speedway, in Corpus Christi, Texas. All are thriving facilities and deserve consideration for their efforts each year. 

“This state is loaded with hard-working track operators and promoters,” Rodriguez added. “It will be a difficult job each year for the committee, and I can imagine there will be some very lively discussions among committee members. They'll hash it out carefully and we'll await their decision.” 

To follow the Revved Up Sports Show, go to www.revvedupsportsshow.com. To become a subscriber at RaceOnTexas and start enjoying some great Live streaming action from tracks across Texas and even into Louisiana, please go to www.raceontexas.com

RUSS Logo (2).jpg

RaceOnTexasThumb1.jpg

This is a no brainer. It should be Owen Pittman and Texana Raceway Park. The car counts have been through the roof and more fans than that track has ever seen. One night 198 cars showed , another 143. Concession prices are the lowest and the food is good. Add the $1 beer specials as well. Owen and his crew , sponsors and race teams have made Texana the place to be. Granted  most all promoters deserve recognition but what has happened at Texana is above and beyond expectations. 

No matter who is selected, there will be some hurt feelings, but I honestly don't know how one could come up with a set of criteria that would be equally fair to all since each track and each situation are so dramatically different.

But I love the idea of honoring our hard-working, under-appreciated track owners, promotors and managers. 

Nick

We will be adding an outlet for folks to cast a vote. That will be part of what the panel will review when working to decide.

Full disclosure with Chris David and I's many relationships and partnerships with promoters and track operators neither of us will be on this panel we only work as conduits to relay and promote the award and operators.

Nov 19,20,21. Also Sportmods $800 to win Fri night and  $1000 to win Sat. I-37 has a good two day show Oct 23, 24. $2500 to win Factory Stock and Sportmod with Sport Compacts going for $1000 to win. I-37 also paying extra money for ungliest trailer / hauler among other things. Ah! Thank you Mr. Nick.

Edited by arob