For immediate release:
STLMS Public Relations
Tel: 210-827-0229

Southern Touring Late Model Series gearing up for return to Texana Raceway Park
Teams, officials excited to get back to Edna on Sept. 19

SEGUIN, Texas (Aug. 29, 2020) — After a two-year absence, the Southern Touring Late Model Series (STLMS) is gearing up for a return to the friendly confines of Texana Raceway Park (TRP) on Sat., Sept. 19. Veteran race official Owen Pittman now promotes TRP, and it is thriving once again.

Teams in the STLMS will love the layout and facility overall in the quaint town of Edna. For three years, TRP was run by Rachel and Kenny Densman, who purchased the track in 2017. The Densman's made several much-needed upgrades to the facility, making it more racer and fan-friendly.

“Texana is a fabulous little paperclip of an oval that has multiple grooves and plays host some great races,” series promoter Kody Hardage said. “This is one of the tracks that hosted this series when it first got started, and it's also a place I visited as a young boy. I have some great memories there.

“It's also the first track where I served as Promoter/Series Director for the STLMS in 2015. That race was won by Howard Willis, while 'Big' Robbie Starnes finished second. The track went through some tough times before the Densman's took over. In 2018, we ran our first and only race there, with 'Little' Robbie Starnes earning the victory in his rookie season. I think we'll have a great show there.”

Pittman has been around the sport for many years, serving in a variety of roles. He says the 2020 season has been a good one thus far, and can't wait to host the STLMS next month.

“I recall when the Late Models were at Texana a couple of years ago,” Pittman said. “I was just the announcer then, and they were just really getting rolling. Today, they have some great talent on the tour and I know they will put on an thrilling show for our fans. It's Top Hat Signs night, and I'm excited.”

Leading the charge into Texana Raceway Park is STLMS regular Cody Leonard, the pride of Sinton, Texas. Leonard currently sits just one marker behind series points leader Kip Hughes, who is not expected to race at Texana. Hughes also runs on the Sooner series and has a race in Wichita Falls.

Championship contenders and Texas natives Austin Theiss (Hockley), Brandon Brzozowski (La Vernia), and Beau Begnaud (Spring), who occupy third through fifth in the standings, are also expected to compete at Texana.

This appearance by the Southern Touring Late Model Series at Texana Raceway Park is being presented by Victoria Auto Auction (VAA) and Equipment Sale. Kenny Griffin at VAA is a longtime supporter of racing in the Victoria area. His support of this event is greatly appreciated by the STLMS.

Billed as “Your Favorite small town Dirt Track,” Texana Raceway Park is located at 258 County Road 412 in Edna, Texas. It's one of those little places where family and fun-loving country folks come together on Saturday nights to create an atmosphere unmatched anywhere else in sports.

The Southern Touring Late Model Series was formed in 2012 and is owned by veteran racer Kody Hardage, of Seguin, Texas. The series is keeping dirt Super Late Model racing alive and thriving in the Lone Star State and points beyond. It is intended to be an affordable regional tour for racers.

To get the latest series news and updates, go to www.stlms.com and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SouthernTexasLateModelSeries.

(Photo credit: Bobby 'Dr. Rock' Thomas)

Cody Leonard.jpg

STLMS Logo.jpg

TRP Logo.jpg