AOC Auto Parts Championship Race Night 2

top_shelf_12

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heinaman with a great restart Villareal follows him into third. Doty and Heinaman pacing the field but caution out as Gilpin, Danielsen, Temple get together in 4. Looks like Gilpin charged with the yellow as he's put to the rear. The race is intense from 7th through 15th or so. Doty, Heinaman, Villareal, Dear, and Sewell top 5 with 3 down.

Doty, Villareal,  Sewell,  Heinaman, Temple half way. Danielsen leads the second group as Rachui, Mikulencak,  Preston,  Dear, and Sandoval are in a heavy battle. Point leader Sewell and Villareal are trading laps for 2nd. Doty pulls off while leading. Top 3 you can cover with a blanket with 3 to go.

That will complete one of the best nights I've seen at any track, 4 classes, 11 heats, 1 B Main, and 4 Features with the final checker by 10:30. Two photo finishes and great racing in every class. No bad wrecks, no injuries, a little body work but great night of short track racing on a nice Texas Saturday night. Will post link to official Results later.

yep some good racing last night .track was good .. the rules have made this class of cars  more like nascar  not a bad thing in many many ways but now you cant get much passing done anymore .if you have a fast car  start in middle of the pack or worst  your more than like going to finish there .. makes good close racing for the fans but a head knocker for the drivers .. it is more important today to get a good run in the heats if you want a chance in the feature .and that computer draw could be a friend or a nightmare where you start your night . for us we are the unlucky ones lol.. cant seem to draw anything outside of the third or forth heat .. me i like to hand draw not computer slot luck  oh well .. but didnt feel so bad in the finish we had some really good cars back there with us . .. use to have passing lane in the back   but a wall is there now and i know for a good reason for it ...we still had a good night compared to our last few  .dont have anything missing on the car this week  get to take off . our luck i hope has changed ... in all racing is still alive .. AND  good job  top shelf ..

Edited by HiTech