STEVEN CARPENTER

HiTech

SAD FOR  those who knew steven  i dont think  you could find nothing but a friend  .I MET HIM IN 1980  hanging out with my youngest brother i thought man short with  red hair  bottle of turkey sitting  on his center console this kid must be trouble ... turned out  not even close  .we were hanging  out behind old suntide  when he left to find some girls that got lost . my brother decided to follow a couple of minutes later then i .. well he found the girls after crossing the  old  lift bridge and turned around with out looking to catch up to them .. not thinking it wasnt a good move  and wham pulled right out in front of my brother  the side of that trans am he steven  was driving didnt look the same  and the newly replaced hard to get right front fender of my brothers 68 camero  didnt look so good either .. they laughed it off  no one was hurt ....had to wait for dad to come out and cut that fender off in the middle of the night  .. four years or so  later steven was at cc speedway  sitting with his dad  watching us race . he mentioned i want to do that its easy  as most   grand  stand   racers think.. i heard his dad say  .you can not afford that and drinking you have to give one up ..how many racers back then stopped drinking to go racing ..a lot . i didnt give him much of a thought he raced the upper class but his dad joined our  class  and was not doing so well  we spent more time trying to not run over frank on the track . so i helped them get the car running fast  just to keep us safe ..lol.. .. from then on we were good friends ...  you didnt see steve mad a lot  and mostly he kept it to himself if he was ..  we spent many years teamed up  and hos dad pops was a hugh reason why  the mini stocks ran through the 90s  we built  a lot of cars and in many cases steve and frank paid for those cars to help others out ... steve never set the world on fire racing and was not all that bad at it in that number 55 red bull mustang . but you knew who he was and  for the most part knew you were going to get a race out of him on the track and a friend ....he was the smartest  bearing and seal man i ever knew  id call him tell him what i had and he always  made it happen . and he found some crazy set ups for some of my  repairs saved me tons of money .. ...........................  in ending   because i can go on and on  about him .... I CAN THINK OF VERY FEW WHO I COULD CALL A TRUER FRIEND RESPECTED BY MOST  THAN STEVEN ..........................RIP RED 

Edited by HiTech