H&V Equipment Night

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you HiTech. Unfortunately my phone died before the Sport Mod Feature, so congrats to Jared Maupin (Sport Mods), John Wayne Wilson (Bombers), Johnny Ervin (Tuners) and Casey Smith (DCRST) on their wins as well. A lot of great racing, some extracurriculars, and a little of everything. Hope Jaden is feeling better, I imagine he's sore. Saw a video of it online and it's just as bad as it was live. Happened pretty much right in front of us. The video was taken from the pit stands and you could hear the impact all the way from there. I'm not sure if he has a full containment seat or not but this is proof you should have one, even in an EMod. Great run by Jesse too.

Yes , we have seen quite a few hellacious hits in sport/e-mods and the drivers walk away. Speaks well of all the different manufactures on how well these cars are made. And yes all race teams should spend that extra dollars on safety especially on seats and driver gear. 

They were coming to the checkered flag and just completed the race. There was little to no time to react. The 9W was trying to race for a better finish, got pinched up a bit and spun around while the rest of the pack were coming across the line. My first thought was I hope the 9W doesn't hit the wall head on or flip as most of these dirt cars don't like turning hard right. Yes, he stopped in a bad spot through none of his fault. 00E had nowhere to go with two cars diving under the 9W and the 00E couldn't react in time. Yes they are EMods, a lower end car as far as speed but they're not going too slow. The 00E, thankfully did a good job of at least turning it sideways to avoid a head on. It was a very hard, bad wreck but could have been much worse and you could tell the 9W was concerned. Several of these EMod racers are very young but are capable of handling their cars. The 00E has come up through gokarts so it's not like they are new drivers per se. I think it was an unfortunate racing accident with no fault on anyone.