RUSS Robert Mullins ROMCO

RodneyRodriguez

ROMCO Super Late Model Racing was the peak of short track racing in Texas.    Unfortunately, the timing was not right for them to incorporate the crate engines into the series to hold down costs.   I am guessing that is what Mr. Mullins was referring to when he wished he could have done more to hold the costs down.    The people who had just spent the $40,000 on engines opposed as well as people who just hated crates.   Both had valid points, but as a little water has gone under the bridge, the crates are the best thing to happen to short track racing.   Basically, a pro late runs a $10,000 crate that can go all year and the Super Lates run a $20,000 crate that can go all year.    Not a whole lot of performance difference on the track between the two and 99% of the fans cannot tell the difference.   He had a good run and I hope someone Votes Robert Mullins into the Texas Short Track Hall of Fame.  If there is not one, maybe that would be a good guy to start one with

I just want to say thank you to Robert for his Romco Super Late Model Series.  Robert, you put on some incredible shows for us.  Thanks so much. I as a fan followed your series all over the state.  I'm sitting here with my Romco SLM cap on even as I type this.