Nick on RUSS Weds Evening

RodneyRodriguez

Our very own Professor Nick Holt will join The Revved Up Sports Show Weds evening to discuss the crazy year of 1989 in Texas racing. You hopefully lived through it or have read about recently here on LSSZ. Every track seemed to have some huge story lines happening so it will be great to see through his eyes as he wrote about it. 1989 The Year That Changed Texas Racing!

Show fires off at 6:30pm and Nick joins arounf 7pm. Audio broadcast RevvedUpSportsShow.com look for LISTEN LIVE.

You can listen and watch by searching Revved Up Sports Show on Facebook. 

#RealRaceTalk

6 hours ago, NickHolt said:

On the top post, click on the long white thing.  Warning, it's a long program. 

That long white thing wasn't there earlier ..lol ..  NICK OH NICK  both of us are use to long conversations .. either I am talking  or you are when we are together ..  nothing new .FACT I SOMETIMES WONDER HOW WE ARE STILL BREATHING AFTER WORDS .. 

18 hours ago, NickHolt said:

I talk too much.

I HAD TO ROLL OVER AND LAUGH ..YO NEVER CHANGED ..  TEE PEE  triangle  .rebuild car .. boy do I remember that .. .. I thought you were crazy .. but after all the hard work and driving the car owner nuts with I need to cut here and here and there and well . build a new car ..lol it was worth it ..I got to that point and will listen to  the rest later /

I WONT GET INTO A BATTLE OVER WHO TALKS THE MOST . but one of us is a close second … lol …  when I started on speedzone  nick was not one of my favorites  not even close . .I  suppose the nick name could be used  .. nick was always on me . he would say your car is fast but not fast enough and I took that as a  personal shot .  I would see him at the track and wanted to punch him ..lol .. .. I cant say when things changed  but I think it was one time wHen he said to me .. said something like man mike I watch you and jessie  work hard at what your car can do  . I admire  the never give up attitude .but  the car can be so much faster its amazing someone like you  can get a car that good and not understand the finer points to get that tiny extra .. I then realized he wasn't attacking me all those years .he was trying to teach me .. get me to realize he is right ..  I really didnt understand those fine details .. why this and why that ..  now I wont say I have learned all those fine details . he spent some time at my home pissing me off  why is that cage built like that why isnt the old weld not grinded off  why is the bolt there and that rivet there and and so on ..  . my head hurt just about every time I thought I did something right only to be question  about why or something else   . after he may have said good job there was always a but right after words .. man what does this man want .. . well I am oldtimer my way  and it took some reflection to realize this man is good he is right he does care about poeple even when you are in a battle with him .. his heart is always heading the right direction ..to bad sometimes his demeaner isnt with his heart .. but heck no one is perfect .. we jumped over to dirt in 2017 I never thought that would happen us dirt farmers  .. but what I learned from nick  helped me and us to take a none dirt racer in an old paved car . stop look listen    and use some of those tools he gave me and darn near won a championship   not because we won races . not because we were the fastest car with the best driver . but good luck  helped A LONG THE WAY BUT MORE IMPORTANT  working on set ups where I understood a tiny bet more using what nick  taught me .. .. the new car jesse had built last year was junk all year long . we could not find a happy medium at all .lose or push or both .. .. off season  we checked some things I learned from nick  he mentioned part of one in that interview ,,  bottom line is nick does not look for fame . he care less if we say thank you out in public . he wants no glory other than he helped someone move up the latter  some more . that is always a win .. .. there really isnt anyway you can show  just how much  thanks  you can give a person . it seems so little .. ……… BUT THANKS  JUST THE SAME ..… 

Edited by HiTech

Somehow, I had a hunch that HiTech wasn't a huge fan of mine over the first several years of our knowing each other.  LOL.  

But over the years we sort of grew on each other, kinda like the mold that gradually grows on a piece of pumpkin pie that sat out too long after Thanksgiving dinner.  

Gotta admit, though, Mike, you found a soft spot when you posted this time. I checked, and it wasn't April Fool's Day, so I have to assume your thoughts were and are genuine... I am touched more than you know, MIke.

NIck