Sign in to follow this  
06racing

ISO SET OF SCALES

I wish you had posted this earlier.  I went by a yard sale the other day where they had a set of four grain scales that were used in a medical clinic back in the day. I think they were giving them away!  I bet you don't realize we used to use those when setting up a car back in the dark ages. For that matter, we used to use a torque wrench and a piece of cardboard to get ball park corner weights. 

I remember back about 1992 watching Richard Garcia, John Benker, Mike Balzer and my Dad Davis Sevilla Sr. Scaling a car with 4 grain scales a pc of paper and a pencil.  No calculator.  We come a long way. Lol

10 hours ago, fastman said:

I remember back about 1992 watching Richard Garcia, John Benker, Mike Balzer and my Dad Davis Sevilla Sr. Scaling a car with 4 grain scales a pc of paper and a pencil.  No calculator.  We come a long way. Lol

Shoot, David, we did it with one grain scale. Ed was too poor to own four!  And before that we used a torque wrench and a pivot tool to figure the corner weights.  And before that we'd just put a socket in the middle of the jack, put it under the third member and start jacking to see how many inches the RR lifted before the left rear came off the ground.  Pure wedge science!  LOL. Those were the days.