--- VIRUS UPDATES ---

I think it would be helpful to post all these rapidly evolving updates in one place.  It'll make it easier for all of us to watch our own back yards ... and stay up to speed on our surrounding areas. 

Here's the latest from Port A / USA (posted: 3/25 @ 8pm)

Nueces County has issued a “stay at home” order for residents of the county and the City of Port Aransas has mandated additional restrictions. The stay at home order begins at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, March 26, and ends at 11:59 pm. Wednesday, April 8.

Additional details of the county’s order can be found in a related story on the South Jetty Newspaper website.

The City of Port Aransas has added several more restrictions in a Mayoral Declaration of Local State of Disaster Due to Public Health Emergency, including:

• No RVs may move into any RV park within the city. Those that exit may not return.
• Day or night camping on the beach using a tent or vehicle, enclosed or not enclosed is prohibited.
• Short-term rentals are prohibited except for persons conducting essential business.
• Movement exercise, such as walking, running, biking, yoga, water sports or other similar physical exercise on the beach is allowed. Otherwise, no person shall be allowed on the beach.

The restrictions are effective at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, March 26, and will expire at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, April 2. The mayor may issue other restrictions for periods of seven days or less.

Edited by BeachBum

well a friend who is  in the know  up front and center  said they tested 18 poeple yesterday ..out of those four were positive .. all spring breakers ALL TEENS …. parents its no joke . our local news wont tell you .we also have two poeple on vents ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently, I went for a bike ride at the beach.  When I arrived, a PA cop was asking some "tour-ons" lounging in chairs to not gather until the restrictions are lifted.  Right now, only folks who are exercising are allowed on the sand.

I pulled over to see how the interaction unfolds.  As happens here all too often, the tour-ons defiantly defended their right to hang out.  After a few minutes, they threw fits (((like children))) and loaded up.  

As the officer drove away, I flagged him down to ask him how he was holding up? All he could say is “I’m sooo sick of telling people they can’t stay & play right now”.  

He looked totally spent. I’m sure his fellow PA com-padres feel the same way.

My opinion: if we all lead the way (((like responsible adults))) this will end much quicker!  Support our police officers, support our Mayor.

Stand Tall – Stay Safe!

Hey BB and H'T.  Thanks for posting.  Don't let your guard down.  I think it is way too early to start opening things up.  Now even the med professionals are warning against what  could come next fall.  Remember the 1918 H1N1 flu virus came in three waves, killing 675,000 Americans.  It may lay low during the summer, then come roaring back. It was still around through 1919. Stay safe! 

Edited by Budman

WELL  budman  you are lucky you are out in boondocks . me I live right dab behind the malls .. but they are closed and man have I  loved the short trip over to jesse house  not much traffic  ..a drive that can take half an hour to make  is  now around  3 to 5 minutes . as long as I get through all the red lights . maybe a mile away  .lol .. I wont go into a fast stop if it has a lot of poeple . or HEB .  I stay away from Walmart  nothing changed there  always full .. . I  clean my hands most of the time getting out and getting back in my truck . I will tell someone to back off in line many dont like but I dont care .. .  I retired a while back  from public service and  when I can make money at home and I chose who I help  or work on  . and we wear mask … I cant hide from  something I cant see but I do what I can to be safe .. .if the state has to open  I am fine with it . but it need the marshal law on mask you must wear one .in public .that is where I have a problem with those protesters  .If they dont protect themselves  they are helping the governors argument ….  so many poeple have to work and just cant force poeple to give up their  life  like that ..  they would rather take the chance  when knowing for sure what will happen if they can make a living .. look at how many delivery drivers are being hired . that defeats the purpose when you have so many .. .. all I can do is follow  the safety rules the  best I can . I wont question no one who needs to be out working .. just that they should when possible  wear protection .. . beaches race tracks  all sports  night clubs  we dont need though  I am wanting to go racing ..