No Fans

toyotatim

With the Coronavirus deal, there are lots of events being cancelled and sporting events being played without fans.  A couple of guys on here may get their wish if Nascar has to race without fans.   It goes to show you that things can still be economically viable without fans. The track purses are up across the board due to Television Revenue.  Now I heard the rest of the Houston Rodeo was cancelled.  That one is going to hurt

7 hours ago, toyotatim said:

With the Coronavirus deal, there are lots of events being cancelled and sporting events being played without fans.  A couple of guys on here may get their wish if Nascar has to race without fans.   It goes to show you that things can still be economically viable without fans. The track purses are up across the board due to Television Revenue.  Now I heard the rest of the Houston Rodeo was cancelled.  That one is going to hurt

who are the couple of guys .. lol ..we may have to shut down local racing .what ever it takes if you are dead it wont matter ..but i will not live my life worried ..

At this time, the March 20-22 NASCAR race weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway has been postponed due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

On Thursday morning, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez issued a statement suspending several upcoming large public gatherings, including next weekend’s races at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

However, NASCAR can still hold the races if it decides to do so without opening the facility to fans. A decision regarding its upcoming race schedules is expected by NASCAR by 1 p.m. ET.

UPDATE: NASCAR to go ahead with the races at Atlanta and Homestead, but without fans.

“Although we do not have community spread at this time, we want to take the preemptive steps to keep it that way. Therefore, I have decided to suspend the operation of the Miami-Dade County Youth Fair, the Miami Open tennis tournament, the MIA 5K run, and all major events at the American Airlines Arena. The March 22 NASCAR race at the Homestead Miami Speedway is postponed at this time. NASCAR officials will decide whether or not to hold the race without fans,” Gimenz’s statement said.

NASCAR has several options about honoring / refunding / pre-sold tickets. I imagine NASCAR will chose the option which leaves the most money in their coffers when the dust settles on this coronavirus stuff.  Which is what most businesses would do and makes the most sense to shareholders. 

40 minutes ago, NickHolt said:

NASCAR has several options about honoring / refunding / pre-sold tickets. I imagine NASCAR will chose the option which leaves the most money in their coffers when the dust settles on this coronavirus stuff.  Which is what most businesses would do and makes the most sense to shareholders. 

The option would be issue full refunds and go out of business.   We all know when we buy tickets that there are no refunds.