66 Johnny Torres

717 GW Egbert

9 Jason Ingalls

4t Kris Rye

96 Paul White

2b Robert Boyd

12r Rollie Rodriguez---dns

Edited by rebelracewriter

USMTS heats(top 12 in passing points to A-main)

Heat 1

20 Rodney Sanders

6 Casey Skyberg

8 Wesley Summers

4m Bobby Malchus

9c Dillon Hill

55g Dave Gaggero

55h Nathan Hagar

20j Jason Ingalls

24z Zane Ferrell

Heat 2

23 Adam Kates

86 Dillon Tindall

4r Derreck Ramirez

71k Kevin Sustaire

21 Jacob Bleess

8g Greg Dinsmore

75 Terry Phillips

9 Jimmy Ray--dns

Heat 3

62 Hunter Marriot

5r Ryan Doyon

33z Zack Vanderbeek

65 Tyler Davis

91 Joe Duvall

55d Michael Dotson

49 Ryan Slott

129 Jamie Campbell

Heat 4

27x Calvin Iverson

4w Tyler Wolff

12 Jason Hughes

97 Cade Dillard

9 Kevin Rutherford

71 Philip Houston

7 Shayne Bailey

137 Bill Pittaway

USMTS B-mains

B-main 1

21 Jacob Bleess

65 Tyler Davis

91 Joe Duvall

24z Zane Ferrell

20j Jason Ingalls

49 Ryan Slott

55h Nathan Hagar

55d Michael Dotson

55g Dave Gaggero---dns

129 Jamie Campbell---dns

B-main 2

97 Cade Dillard

71k Kevin Sustaire

9r Kevin Rutherford

75 Terry Phillips

8g Greg Dinsmore

71 Philip Houston

7 Shsyne Bailey

9c Dillon Hill

137 Bill Pittaway

9 Jimmy Ray---dns

All in Designs USRA Factory Stocks

717 GW Egbert

30 Riley Heil

1 Tryton Temple

26w Grant Wollam

747 GW Hessong

02 Shannon Maurer

7 Jesse SAndoval

09 Clint Montanio

23 Kyle Kirkland

38 Josh Sewell

93 Aaron Leddy

75 Jerry Miller

49k Michael Keylich

15 Wayne Laven

10 Scott Jerkins

35 Mickey Helms

29 Jason Gordon

43 Johnny Johnson

92r Robert Keylich

44 Cord Beard

13m Bem Mikulencak

9 Robby MInten

44k Katherine Keylich

Swenson Racing Products USRA Limited Modifieds

717 GW Egbert

bd2 Jared Maupin

7 Gabe Tucker

2 Talon MInten

96 Paul White

03 Marcus Mikulencak

184 Brian Rye

5r Ryan Doyon

4$ Kris Rye

9 Jason Ingalls

77 Cody Beddoe

11 Tom Grothues

63 Shane Hoefling

56 Broc Bowen

104 Brandon Brzozowski

15 Chase Laven

30 Chris Swenson

6t9 Bruce Tesch

08 Alton Fambro

24r Robby Minten

66 Johnny Torres

55 Cody Leonard

30m Memphis Villareal

USMTS(40 laps)

20 Rodney Sanders

27z Calvin Iverson

62 Hunter Marriot

12 Jason Hughes

4w Tyler Wolff

6 Casy Skyberg

75 Terry Phillips

65 Tyler Davis

4r Derreck Ramirez

23 Adam Kates

91 Joe Duvall

8g Greg Dinsmore

86 Dillon Tindall

5 Ryan Doyon

21 Jacob Bleess

4m Bobby Malchus

9 Kevin Rutherford

71 Philip Houston

8 Wesley Summers

24z Zane Ferrell

55h Nathan Hagar

33z Zack Vanderbeek

71k Kevin Sustaire

97 Cade Dillard

USMTS folks had some nice things to say about 1-37 before their Friday show. Their press release below:

USMTS racers warm up Thursday, elbows up Friday

PLEASANTON, Texas (February 25)--Dozens of racers took part in an open practice test 'n' tune session Thursday night at the I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Texas, in anticipation of Friday's inaugural "Rustler" presented by Rancho Milagro for the Summit USMTS National Championship fueled by Casey's.

Friday's race is the first of the season for the USMTS and the first time the series has invaded the "City of Live Oaks and Friendly Folks" and will also feature USRA Factory Stocks and USRA Limited Mods. It's also the launch pad for a six-race slate in the Lone Star State over the course of nine days.

The event will pay $3,000 to the winner of the main event. USRA Limited Mods will race for $750 to win ($250 courtesy of 3-D Landscaping) and USRA Factory Stocks are $500 to win. In addition, 3-D Landscaping will award $100 to the hard charger in both the Factory Stock and Limited Mod features.

The pits will open at 3 p.m., grandstands open at 5, hot laps begin at 6:40 and racing gets underway at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 for those ages 17 and older. Juniors (12-16) and seniors (62+) are just $15. Kids ages 6-11 are $5 and children ages 5 and under get in for free. Pit passes are $35.

20200227-usmts-i-37-speedway-01.jpg

Track promoter Ray Doyon hosted a free BBQ for the competitors and their crew members after practice with free frozen margaritas courtesy of the I-37 Speedway.

The I-37 Speedway is a semi-banked 1/4-mile dirt oval located south of San Antonio on I-37 to mile marker 101, then east, then 2.0 miles south on the access road (101748, I-37, Pleasanton, TX 78064).

For more information, call (210) 414-1591 or check out i37speedway.com. You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter.

BITS 'N' PIECES

First impressions: Thursday's practice session was the first visit to the I-37 Speedway by most of the USMTS racers, and first impressions were positive across the board. The size of the entire property is immense and the layout is almost completely flat from one end to the other. Everything is painted, designed nicely and well-maintained.

"It's pretty obvious to see that the owners and staff at I-37 take pride in this place, said USRA Director of Track Operations Bryce Hall. The track has signed on to sanction the Factory Stock, Limited Mod and Tuner divisions with the USRA in 2020. "We feel fortunate that the upper class of dirt tracks in each state fly the USRA banner, so I-37 Speedway is a great fit for the USRA."

The same attention to detail spills over into the preparation of the racetrack itself. The pickiest of racing surface sleuths wouldn't have been able to find a flaw in the clay. There certainly was little ear and tear on shocks and springs.

"Wow, what a great job of prepping the track," said USMTS promoter Todd Staley. "We heard that the track prep guy here was pretty good and there ain't no doubt about that. This is about the smoothest surface I've seen since Whynot (Mississippi) two years ago."

20200227-usmts-i-37-speedway-02.jpg

As for the shape and size of the track, the National Speedway Directory lists it as a semi-banked quarter-mile dirt oval. "If it's a quarter then it's measured in the tires," one driver said. "Kind of reminds me of Amarillo, only shorter and a little less banking."

Surprises and the usual suspects: Among the drivers expected for this weekend that were at practice Thursday night were defending USMTS national champion Rodney Sanders, Dereck Ramirez, Hunter Marriott, Zack VanderBeek, Adam Kates, "Big Daddy" Joe Duvall, Jacob Bleess, Nathan Hagar, Bobby Malchus, Zane Ferrell, Calvin Iverson and Casey Skyberg.

There were a few pleasant surprises with the sighting of Show-Me State speedsters Michael Dotson and Shayne Bailey. The pair of matching Midwest Log Mafia teams parked alongside fellow Missouri racer and last year's Grant Junghans USMTS Rookie of the Year, Hunter Marriott, who was sporting a new bright red PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain suit.

20200227-usmts-i-37-speedway-05.jpg

Sanders' Swan Song: Although his livery looks similar to those in the past with his preferred indigo blue and dayglo orange trim, one big difference in the appearance of Rodney Sanders' graphics this season is the absence of Swan Energy in the design.

Swan Energy, which manages companies and partnerships in oil and gas, trucking and disposal, and mining, has been supporting Sanders for more than a decade and was the presenting sponsor of the USMTS from 2011-2012.

"Brandon and Swan Energy really helped me get started," Sanders said. "I don't think I would be where I am at today without his support."

The company's CEO, Brandon Davis (not the reigning USRA national champ from Minnesota), traveled alongside Sanders several years ago and competed in a few USMTS shows himself. Davis also owned Swan Racing, which competed in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series from 2013-2014.

On that note, Sanders will be employing the services of a new crew chief this season as he seeks his second straight and fourth USMTS title overall. Trey Hopkins will be the primary tire grinder and wrench turner while another former crew chief, Grant Snider, will join the team this weekend and occasionally throughout the 2020 campaign.

20200227-usmts-i-37-speedway-03.jpg

Ruling the roost: If you simply cannot be in attendance, Friday's show-and all six nights of racing during the next nine days-can be enjoyed live on RacinDirt TV from the comfort of your own sofa.

RacinDirt TV is your one-stop shop for all things USMTS when you can't be at the track. Live and on-demand coverage, pre- and post-race interviews, FK Rod Ends Instant Replay and multiple camera angles--One low price gets you all the action.

You can access RacinDirt TV via your computer or smartphone with a suite of apps including Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Apple TV and Google Play for added convenience. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the sweet smell of burning fuel. On the bright side, however, your Q-tip inventory should see no change.

Dressed to thrill: The USMTS souvenir trailer will be at all six events the next two weekends and those fans in attendance will get the first look at the all-new 2020 USMTS Signature Series apparel which will be on sale nightly. Some sizes and possibly even a design or two may be out of stock by the time the new apparel goes on sale at shopusmts.com after March 8, so being there just got more valuable.

All 2019 apparel is on sale now online at super-low clearance prices. Stock up on the things you missed out on as you get ready to fill your closet with some of the wicked 2020 designs from Sybesma Graphics, ASi Racewear, 905 Ink, Arizona Sport Shirts, Indy Screen Print and others. As you might expect, the Best of the Best only use the best of the best in racing apparel.

Gimme three steps: The tireless USMTS touring titans roll on to the South Texas Speedway in Corpus Christi on Saturday before wrapping up the year's first tripleheader weekend on Sunday, March 1, at the Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige.

A few days later, fans and racers trek to the Big O Speedway in Ennis, Texas, for the 10th Annual USMTS Texas Spring Nationals on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, March 5-7.

Joining the USMTS Modifieds every night will be the USRA Factory Stocks and USRA Limited Mods racing for big money plus Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series national points.

The 2020 schedule for the Summit USMTS National Championship fueled by Casey's is highlighted by 58 nights of racing at 33 unique dirt ovals as part of the 22nd season for the world's Best of the Best in dirt modified racing.

After the two-week journey through Texas, the engines scream again three weeks later for the first of five crown jewels this season when the Humboldt Speedway in Humboldt, Kan., hosts King of America X powered by Summit on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, March 26-28.

To connect with the USMTS check out USMTS.com, like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter, check us out on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Keep up to speed by joining our email list