Tavo gets the last laugh (again)

BeachBum

I’d love to be able to hold a grudge but COTA is an opportunity to experience a kind of racing we’re lucky to have around here. My opinion is worth exactly what you’re paying for it but boycotting a local multibillion dollar track isn’t any better for the sport than boycotting the local dirt track because you don’t agree with all the choices they’ve made or don’t like the owners. I support the racers having a place to race, kids being able to experience the events and keeping racing alive regardless of my opinions of the periphery.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:00 PM, toyotatim said:

Hey, when the weather is good and they have someone like Taylor Swift there, they drew nearly 270,000 people.  That is pretty good.  Mr. McCombs is likes that.  

seems to me then racing wasn't what people were there for .. ..lol..got you on that .. if it takes a singer to bring in  the fans cota has major problems .. 

Choosing not to support a business for personal / ethical reasons is entirely different than organizing a boycott against that business, James. 

I understand why you, and others, choose to attend events at COTA.  It's a great opportunity to witness some great racing on one of the world's most awesome road courses right in our own back yard.  

On 1/10/2020 at 8:21 AM, NickHolt said:

Choosing not to support a business for personal / ethical reasons is entirely different than organizing a boycott against that business, James. 

I understand why you, and others, choose to attend events at COTA.  It's a great opportunity to witness some great racing on one of the world's most awesome road courses right in our own back yard.  

I don't disagree with that and I personally felt the same way for years but after seeing what CoTA does for the grass-roots racers it didn't make sense to me anymore. I don't like Jerry Jones but I'd support my kids football team if they played there. 

My distaste for CoTA is a personal thing and I am not asking anyone to understand my position or even agree with me. I have explained myself more than once and I fully understand that others may, or may not, agree with me. 

Just like with anything else in life or the racing world,  if you enjoy events at CoTA, then, by all means, you should support it.

I (ordinarily) respect other peoples' opinions on here.  I hope others will respect ours NICK and JAY.  Funny thing happened at my house out here a couple of years ago.  My son and a friend he works with flew down here from Seattle to attend the USF1GP at cota.  I picked them up at the Austin airport, brought them out here and they stayed overnight.  The next morning as they were preparing to leave to go to Cota, my son asked me "Aren't you coming?".  I smiled back at him and told him " NO, You two go on, take my truck, enjoy the race and have a good time. I don't go to cota events."

2 hours ago, Budman said:

fI (ordinarily) respect other peoples' opinions on here.  I hope others will respect ours NICK and JAY.  Funny thing happened at my house out here a couple of years ago.  My son and a friend he works with flew down here from Seattle to attend the USF1GP at cota.  I picked them up at the Austin airport, brought them out here and they stayed overnight.  The next morning as they were preparing to leave to go to Cota, my son asked me "Aren't you coming?".  I smiled back at him and told him " NO, You two go on, take my truck, enjoy the race and have a good time. I don't go to cota events."

DIDNT NEED A REASON  for them .. good .my brother in law goes  he ask me if  I wanted . I said the same thing .I dont go to cota .thanks 

Edited by HiTech

On January 14, 2020 at 12:06 PM, NickHolt said:

My distaste for CoTA is a personal thing and I am not asking anyone to understand my position or even agree with me. I have explained myself more than once and I fully understand that others may, or may not, agree with me. 

Just like with anything else in life or the racing world,  if you enjoy events at CoTA, then, by all means, you should support it.

Nick doesn't have justify his feelings about Cota to anyone.  It's his opinion and I happen to agree with him. 

But don't question his love, passion and support for Motorsport. He's been stepping up to the pump for a very long time!  

Jus my 2c...