Tavo gets the last laugh (again)

BeachBum

8 hours ago, Budman said:

COTA is less than 100 miles from me.  Yet, have never attended an event there, nor shall I ever.  Reminds me of that old saying ……….. the four saddest words ---> "WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN."

.. I wont even give it a thought … tavo  knew what he was doing and wanted to do with cota ..

Edited by HiTech

I consider Tavo a good friend.  He trusted me with some very confidential information which I have never revealed (and never will)  even though the information is pretty much common knowledge these days.  

In more ways than one, he has shown his integrity in sharp contrast to those who tried to bring him to his knees. I will always support Tavo in any way I can and will NEVER set foot on COTA out of my humble respect for Tavo.

Nick

2 hours ago, NickHolt said:

I consider Tavo a good friend.  He trusted me with some very confidential information which I have never revealed (and never will)  even though the information is pretty much common knowledge these days.  

In more ways than one, he has shown his integrity in sharp contrast to those who tried to bring him to his knees. I will always support Tavo in any way I can and will NEVER set foot on COTA out of my humble respect for Tavo.

Nick

YOU THINK MAYBE IF I DR PEPPER BOARD YOU . would  you tell us what you wont tell us that is common knowledge … …..   HAPPY NEW YEAR  we lived to see another one .

Edited by HiTech

hum this thread seems to be the opposite of what we promote on this site.  regardless of what has happened in the past it is still a local track with local people working there.  I still think that in a few years we will see the Nascar Cup series at COTA.

the new people in charge of NASCAR is not doing things the old way.  they have said that they are exploring the option of adding new tracks or street courses and taking double dates away from tracks. 

Very true, Nathan.  However, national and international racing series have historically been "fair game" on this site, within reason, of course. There are several NASCAR threads where strong opinions were voiced, many of them negative in nature. 

And honestly, I don't consider COTA a local track in any sense of the word.  It was financed by ruthless investors who attempted to ruin the lives and reputations of some of the most respected folks in Texas Motorsports and is also partially funded by public (mine and your) tax dollars.  I'm pretty sure SAS, CTS, CC Speedway, Pan American Speedway, Speedarama and countless other local tracks now closed never received a penny of public funds.

And, yes, I am totally biased against the folks that attempted to ruin my good friend and visionary, Tavo Hellmund, and will never do one thing to support them as long as they're involved in any way with COTA.

Sorry if my position on this is upsetting, but it's not about to change.

4 minutes ago, Nathan said:

the new people in charge of NASCAR is not doing things the old way.  they have said that they are exploring the option of adding new tracks or street courses and taking double dates away from tracks. 

You can say that there is new people running nascar, but there’s really not. It’s still being run by the same family. Who just also happen to own over half the tracks on the circuit. Not likely they are giving up any of those dates.

Mr. Hellmund played the dispute with his partners out in the Media, and was successful with it.  He got a huge settlement.   The reason that he was bought out was that the business model he put together did not work out for the investors, but  was real nice for him and was not sustainable.     That was Tavo who secured the tax funding for COTA.

He cashed his check and laughed all of the way to the Bank.   The public was played in this deal.  He worked the media and loves the Drama.  

I have no clue why someone would be mad at COTA, Tavo secured the Tax deal, made himself rich and now attends the races there.   By boycotting the track for political purposes is counter productive to racing, period.

13 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Very true, Nathan.  However, national and international racing series have historically been "fair game" on this site, within reason, of course. There are several NASCAR threads where strong opinions were voiced, many of them negative in nature. 

And honestly, I don't consider COTA a local track in any sense of the word.  It was financed by ruthless investors who attempted to ruin the lives and reputations of some of the most respected folks in Texas Motorsports and is also partially funded by public (mine and your) tax dollars.  I'm pretty sure SAS, CTS, CC Speedway, Pan American Speedway, Speedarama and countless other local tracks now closed never received a penny of public funds.

And, yes, I am totally biased against the folks that attempted to ruin my good friend and visionary, Tavo Hellmund, and will never do one thing to support them as long as they're involved in any way with COTA.

Sorry if my position on this is upsetting, but it's not about to change.

Well stated Nick.  I feel the same way!  Jeb

1 hour ago, toyotatim said:

Mr. Hellmund played the dispute with his partners out in the Media, and was successful with it.  He got a huge settlement.   The reason that he was bought out was that the business model he put together did not work out for the investors, but  was real nice for him and was not sustainable.     That was Tavo who secured the tax funding for COTA.

He cashed his check and laughed all of the way to the Bank.   The public was played in this deal.  He worked the media and loves the Drama.  

I have no clue why someone would be mad at COTA, Tavo secured the Tax deal, made himself rich and now attends the races there.   By boycotting the track for political purposes is counter productive to racing, period.

Based on what you are posting here, I have to assume your information was obtained from media reports or secondary sources. And that's OK, but keep in mind that often what is published is simply someone's interpretation of events. So, I will not debate your take on the COTA matter except to say that I do not boycott COTA for political reasons.  I boycott COTA for personal and ethical reasons.

That Tavo was able to land on his feet and make a huge success out of the Mexican Grand Prix is more a testimony to his perseverance, inventiveness and integrity than anything else.  In case you didn't notice, the major funding for the Mexican Grand Prix is not from Tavo's "huge settlement."

Mr. Tavo has had a suite there at COTA that he has for the Hellmund Family and friends.     I would call that hanging out.   His plate on one of  his Mercedes is "F1USGP" and the other is "F1MEXGP".    He is s supporter of it so why should anyone hold a grudge?   The point is, some people buy into what the media says a little too much.   He played the media and some are missing out supporting what he is responsible for building. 

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

I agree with you, toyotatim.  Some people do indeed rely on media accounts for their information.  

So, where are you getting your information, sir?  From media reports, perhaps?

.. . Nick why dont you just call up tavo .. SEEING  there wont be  any real answer to two questions  asked ..

Edited by HiTech

Interesting I thought the actual F1USGP was held in Indy from 2000-2007.....Yes?

One would think that any "settlement" might/would include a suite or perhaps the suite was pre-purchased long before issues took place.(non-refundable)

So I guess COTA screwing over Tavo and Kevin Schwanz(MotoGP) the nearly identical same way were all just a coincidence?.... #gibbsrule#39

I'm with Nick.....Consider Tavo a friend....Won't spend a dime at COTA....Even been offered tickets, not for F-1, but still didn''t accept.

Not even going to go into the inflation of attendance numbers to secure state funding.....I go by personal accounts, not local media numbers either.

The only thing I'll be missing is getting snake bit....It'll be a damn shame when that place turns into a billion dollar rattlesnake farm.