SA Raceway - Oval Asphalt?

Bharden

22 hours ago, Bharden said:

Whatever happened to the recent initiative to build asphalt circle track at San Antonio Raceway.   Any updates/status, or did the idea die on the vine?

Your Second "Assumption Description" would maybe be a better fit to your question.....

Edited by metroracer

That being said they seem to be totally focused (and have been) on making their drag racing program as good as can be. All of that is in place and honestly why add an element when you are working to re-build another.

Good luck to Mady she will do well making SAR thrive at this point for paved oval racing let's throw the eggs in the TSTRS/HMP basket.

Edited by RodneyRodriguez

With out a Doubt a Second Quality Asphalt Racing facility in the Great State of Texas would have been very great....

However as RR is saying....As racers in Texas, We must save our Lament or Remorse over loosing CC Speedway, SAS, & Long Horn Speedway, or even The Proposed Marion Track and move on and put All of our Attention in to HMP and do what we All can to preserve Texas Style Asphalt Racing.   Yes it is a very long haul some of you, and is right in some of us own back yard as well.   We must treat this Racing Facility as it is in All of our back yards.  It is time to just move on and Support any Texas Speedways still operating....Especially the ones that are on " Life Support" so to speak.....

There is news of a new Track coming soon near Livingston, Tx.,  That new Track will need support as well...

The Best way to say it, And Rodney has said it many times:  " Support your Local Speedway across the great State of Texas...."

And remember that HMP is the last remaining Asphalt Speedway and needs a lot of those eggs in that very special one of a kind basket as well...  One of these days we are going to blink possibly....And Poof,  HMP may be gone just like CC Speedway, SAS, & Longhorn Speedway was just in a Blink…..

And Hopefully we don't loose Texana Raceway in Blink....

Thanks For Your Time....

Edited by metroracer

I am the person that had been working on the project with Club Loose Texas (CLT, the drift group) and Essie. As many know Essie passed recently and at that time I spoke with the head of CLT and we agreed to re-approach things at a later date. I plan on working with CLT to work towards making progress on their facility with the hope of at some point working towards the circle track but Essie's son was much more open to the idea of the drift facility than the circle track. I don't currently know where any of the projects do or don't stand but as of yesterday I got the impression CLT still had an idea that their project has life.

...in the meantime Rodney is correct; support your local race track and racers. I37 has been running amazing shows, HMP is looking up, SAR is bringing in big shows and has brought back their midnight madness program, there are new Kart tracks in the coastal bend area and we have a lot to look forward to.

I'm glad someone asked about this cause I was gaining curiosity about the track as well. Fortunately, we have a ANOTHER solid schedule at HMP this year and the classes are only growing. The TSTRS team did an outstanding job wrapping up the season in 2019 and I'm looking forward to what will be discussed at the banquet. 

I've said this once and I'll say it again....the growth of HMP is on us racers to get our cars there, NOT the promoters/ officials catering to our request. With that said, I'll see you asphalt racers next month if you decide to go to practice day. 

I still call my wife if I’m working late on a Saturday and ask her to tape the Busch race for me...she reminds me it hasn’t been the Busch series in more than a decade and we’ve never owned a VCR 🙄

It will always be Winston Cup, Busch and Craftsman series' to me....But I think you probably guessed that...lol