Ford and Hailie Deegan

toyotatim

Ford is now backing Hailie Deegan.   I am glad they are backing someone in the sport, but I think there are better choices.   But, she is probably the most marketable one.  After all, it is about the money,  not wins.    She will tear some stuff up for sure.  David Gilliland will have job security building stuff for her

I think this was the best move for Hailie personally.  She had a deal with Toyota but there is so many up and coming drivers in the Toyota camp, that even being who she is and a great marketable person, she would get lost in the shuffle.  If you don't think that is an issue now look at the situation at JGR and LFR.  There are other drivers in the lower ranks that Toyota is trying to push forward but there is no where for them to go.  At least with her in a Ford there is options for Ford to place her.  The Deegan family has a long relationship with Ford through her dad Brian. 

OK guys.  You've turned the knob.  Now, open the door for us on this site.  Just who the 773H  IS this Haly Degon or whatever her name is.  Let's see some pics.  What is her racing background.  Is she really any good or is this just all promotional B/S. Come on. Start a HD thread.  Let's get started.   Half the people on here know no female is capable of competitively driving a race car.  Convince us we are all wrong !!!

Edited by Budman

3 hours ago, Budman said:

OK guys.  You've turned the knob.  Now, open the door for us on this site.  Just who the 773H  IS this Haly Degon or whatever her name is.  Let's see some pics.  What is her racing background.  Is she really any good or is this just all promotional B/S. Come on. Start a HD thread.  Let's get started.   Half the people on here know no female is capable of competitively driving a race car.  Convince us we are all wrong !!!

BUDMAN I AM SURPRISED   you never heard of her .. ...she is becoming popular ..

Hailie Deegan can drive circles around Danica.  She has won 3 races in the Old NASCAR KN West series and ran the last 2 seasons in the KN East and West Series and made 5 ARCA starts last year.  Her father is Brian Deegan the founding member of the Metal Mullisha and the Godfather of Free Style Motorcross. She has raced off road trucks, bandelros, legends, late models.  She has done really good in all those series.  I have followed here career and she has taken her time and multiple full seasons in a vehicle before moving to the next.  She hasn't jumped classes to fast.  Some people say she is over aggressive and tears a lot of stuff up but I just say that was the KN West series.   

untitled123.png

Path she is taking is great, more ARCA and some IMSA in 2020 then a years in Trucks and Xfinity befire even considering CUP. Saw this year could be 2025 before she attempted the premier series. Helps she will still be in ger early 20's then and oh by the way the TV contracts are up in.

Girl has talent.

10 hours ago, Budman said:

NOPE, never heard of her. :P

Must be getting old like me I never heard of her till a friend brought her up last year  ..  just old poeple out   of the loop .. she can handle a racecar … better than your favorite ..lol..

Edited by HiTech

30 minutes ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Path she is taking is great, more ARCA and some IMSA in 2020 then a years in Trucks and Xfinity befire even considering CUP. Saw this year could be 2025 before she attempted the premier series. Helps she will still be in ger early 20's then and oh by the way the TV contracts are up in.

Girl has talent.

Cant find a way to disagree with you rod   and you cant push her around .. she loves the rub too . I have only seen a few laps of her in one or two races .. impressed right off .

Edited by HiTech

I agree, she is pretty good, but no better than about a thousand guys who are unable to secure sponsorship at the same level.   There is tons of local talent as good or better than her, but she was born into this.  It is not her fault she is lucky, so more power to her.  She is good for the sport and some Dads can now get their daughters to go to the races instead of staying at home baking cookies. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2019 at 5:29 PM, Budman said:

U & TT convinced now? Respect 2 Deegan.  Congrats 2 Self!

Yep BB, great run for her today, finishing 2nd in her first Daytona race. Watched the whole thing, which is more than I can say for ANY recent N-car race.  Obviously you and some others are not familiar with my history on here.  Yes, I knew who she was all along.  Just trying to draw a little attention to her on this board and liven it up a little. :)

AND, there is no need to congratulate yourself on here.

Edited by Budman

2 hours ago, Budman said:

Yep BB, great run for her today, finishing 2nd in her first Daytona race. Watched the whole thing, which is more than I can say for ANY recent N-car race.  Obviously you and some others are not familiar with my history on here.  Yes, I knew who she was all along.  Just trying to draw a little attention to her on this board and liven it up a little. :)

what a dirty rotten game you played ..:) 

7 hours ago, Budman said:

"Congrats 2 Self" (as in Michael Self ... the winner!) lol

2 hours ago, BeachBum said:

"Congrats 2 Self" (as in Michael Self ... the winner!) lol

you can bet he was looking in the mirror wondering where did she come from she is a rookie ..she isnt Danica  for you bud she makes Danica look like a rookie ..Danica was just a gimmick  .she little lady is for real .

All joking aside fellas ... this gal is exactly what our sport needs!

I hope y'all heard her post-race interview.  She's bubbly, enthusiastic, attractive and she's a genuine racer ... not just another Panica publicity stunt.

She's exactly what's needed right now to put some "new" warm fannies in those cold seats across America...