Texana Raceway announces they will not open for 2020 season

NickHolt

Dear racers and fans of Texana Raceway we are sad to announce that we will not be opening for the 2020 season. This is a tough decision to make but the right one for our family. We just do not have the time to continue maintaining the facilities and operate the track. We appreciate the support from our drivers and fans the last couple of years. We want to get this out early so drivers can make their decisions on where they are going to race. We want to give a special thanks to all of our employees,Monty Chamberlain and Owen Pittman for all the support. With that being said, the racetrack is for sale immediately so anyone that is interested can contact Kenny at 361-648-1669 for details.

15 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Dear racers and fans of Texana Raceway we are sad to announce that we will not be opening for the 2020 season. This is a tough decision to make but the right one for our family. We just do not have the time to continue maintaining the facilities and operate the track. We appreciate the support from our drivers and fans the last couple of years. We want to get this out early so drivers can make their decisions on where they are going to race. We want to give a special thanks to all of our employees,Monty Chamberlain and Owen Pittman for all the support. With that being said, the racetrack is for sale immediately so anyone that is interested can contact Kenny at 361-648-1669 for details.

sad .. the 7 car has raced that track a few times over the last couple of years .. love it ..not many tracks you can go to you would love to race on every weekend . this was one of em .. hope nick takes it on .. 

Edited by HiTech

7 hours ago, HiTech said:

.. hope nick takes it on .. 

I'd say the chances of that happening are slim to none.

It takes money to purchase and operate a race track - lots and lots of money.  I'm fresh out of money myself. 

Hopefully, someone with lots of money and management skills will come along and make Texana great again!

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

I'd say the chances of that happening are slim to none.

It takes money to purchase and operate a race track - lots and lots of money.  I'm fresh out of money myself. 

Hopefully, someone with lots of money and management skills will come along and make Texana great again!

I will lone you a buck after I save one up ..may take a while ..  I HATE TO SEE THIS TRACK SHUT DOWN ..