Interesting

Josh42

I saw the 2020 Schedule for the ASCS Elite Non-Wing series as it was released yesterday.  There was an interesting race that caught my eye as their last race of the year. 

October 31,2020 Houston Motorsports Park,  yep they are going to run a Non Wing Asphalt race.  That should be an amazing racing at the facility.

However, I relish in the thought of other Racing Series on Special Events from time to time at HMP. The TALMS Sport Mods, The old ASA series that would come once or twice back in the Day.  I know that a 100 lap Super Late Model weekend event would go over pretty good.

The Sprint cars on a tight 3/8 mile high-banked Asphalt race track,  HMP has no safer barriers …. those Concrete walls ARE NOT Forgiving and are very Hard....The catch fences are not High enough either.....   HMP is a perfect Stock Car race track....A 30 car / 200 lap Sports Mod race would pretty  good racing event for HMP to Host.

Maybe a 300 lap Bomber "Enduro Race" may be pretty good as well too....with pit stops on a real pit -lane...Hummm….

A Super Late Model race event could be good as well !!!

We will see how things go....

Edited by metroracer

11 hours ago, metroracer said:

However, I relish in the thought of other Racing Series on Special Events from time to time at HMP. The TALMS Sport Mods, The old ASA series that would come once or twice back in the Day.  I know that a 100 lap Super Late Model weekend event would go over pretty good.

The Sprint cars on a tight 3/8 mile high-banked Asphalt race track,  HMP has no safer barriers …. those Concrete walls ARE NOT Forgiving and are very Hard....The catch fences are not High enough either.....

As Bobby Stated, Not very Pretty....   HMP is a perfect Stock Car race track....A 30 car / 200 lap Sports Mod race would pretty  good racing event for HMP to Host.

Maybe a 300 lap Bomber "Enduro Race" may be pretty good as well too....with pit stops on a real pit -lane...Hummm….

A Super Late Model race event could be good as well !!!

We will see how things go....

I cant believe some of you.  Here is something that is exciting and will probably be a good show and we want to knock it down. They ran USAC Midgets at Thunderhill twice and they had no safer barriers or a different catch fence.  They run the wing sprint series in the Southeast at all the asphalt tracks no safer barriers and normal catch fences. People wonder why race tracks shut down.  I know the promoter of the Elite Series and he did his homework before scheduling this race. He did a lot of talking to the sprint car racers in Indiana and the south east that run on asphalt. These racers that run this race will have to spend some money as they will have to order all new sets of tires, different front hubs and wheels. But knowing Nathan and these racers they will put on a good show. I guess this has to do with the fact that they scheduled a sprint car race but still haven't done anything about the street stocks. 

Stand behind your track folks. 

1 hour ago, Josh42 said:

I cant believe some of you.  Here is something that is exciting and will probably be a good show and we want to knock it down. They ran USAC Midgets at Thunderhill twice and they had no safer barriers or a different catch fence.  They run the wing sprint series in the Southeast at all the asphalt tracks no safer barriers and normal catch fences. People wonder why race tracks shut down.  I know the promoter of the Elite Series and he did his homework before scheduling this race. He did a lot of talking to the sprint car racers in Indiana and the south east that run on asphalt. These racers that run this race will have to spend some money as they will have to order all new sets of tires, different front hubs and wheels. But knowing Nathan and these racers they will put on a good show. I guess this has to do with the fact that they scheduled a sprint car race but still haven't done anything about the street stocks. 

and I messed both of those .thunder hill races .. sadly .

3 hours ago, toyotatim said:

I think they run them at five flags speedway,

Yes Tim they do run at Pensacola, Bobby Santos sat on the pole with a 13.812.  Harrison Burton sat on the pole of the Snowball last year with a 16.273.

If I'm not mistaken and maybe Rodney could confirm this but I think when the Midgets ran at THR they qualified faster than the Super Latemodels.

8 hours ago, Josh42 said:

PREACH BROTHER!!

These guys drive from out of state to run, compared to guys that won't drive 50 miles to run just for fun and complain. 

This would be an awesome race to go watch, I'm grateful our local track is getting that much attention.

I’m with ya josh42. What a great job by the folks that have taken over out there at HMP to land that series on the race schedule. Not sure where i will be that October day, but if i am anywhere near home i will be there.

I think Paul White that is the series champion is the guy that won that enduro race at cotton bowl and got dq’d for a wheel cover. And he had them covered up that day. It was a cold one in the stands that day as well.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, Josh42 said:

Yes Tim they do run at Pensacola, Bobby Santos sat on the pole with a 13.812.  Harrison Burton sat on the pole of the Snowball last year with a 16.273.

If I'm not mistaken and maybe Rodney could confirm this but I think when the Midgets ran at THR they qualified faster than the Super Latemodels.

That is correct Sir!

Edited by RodneyRodriguez