nascar

HiTech

NOT A BIG FAN OF HAMLIN . BUT HE EARNED THAT RACE ..  good thing  .. all old  racers in the top 4 ..lol .. least the oldest batch they have in nascar.

And 43 opened his trap and got lighter in his pocket book .. Don't admit to something like that and  then point a finger In nascar's eyes about not doing something about it .. man if I said we blew everyones' doors off because we cheated because the track wont check anything . I bet we are torn down the next race. .I bet his boss  and sponsors wasn't so  happy ..

7 hours ago, Josh42 said:

I think they need to revamp the points a little bit.  Kyle Busch made the final four solely on what he did in the regular season,  He had a very lackluster playoffs,  I think they need to reset the points after the first round.

for me I have never liked this points system .. AND NEVER WILL ..  just the old in me I suppose .. 

Nothing is ever perfect, but Kyle had to sweat it out until the last lap too.   I think Blaney had a 7th, 5th and 3rd place finish in the round but did not make it.   His regular season was nothing compared to Kyle's.    I am not sure how you could make it any better to make racers race every race all year.   They stage racing and points system have made things interesting the whole race throughout the whole season.   

And Karma has stung Bubba several times since his water deal.  There is one more race, lets see where Karma gets him in Miami.  

3 Joe Gibbs drivers in the Championship Round. Don't like two of his drivers. One is arrogant and the other is just an ****. My pick and hopes is the #4 to take it all. I agree about Kyle and the points system. He had a mediocre last half of the season. I don't mind using the points system as is to determine who the 16 drivers are. But after that reset everyone to zero.

I figured it up yesterday between Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney. Just looked at their points during the playoffs not counting their entry points from the regular season. NASCAR is getting what they want with awarding the winners.

KB-296 Points

KL-296 Points

RB-275 Points

All of this is very interesting to some of you, I suppose.  Personally, I couldn't really care less.  We've talked on here before about "COOKIE CUTTER' tracks.  Goodness knows for years the nascar rules have resulted in "COOKIE CUTTER" cars.  Now it seems the corporate sponsor influences have resulted in even having "COOKIE CUTTER" drivers.  Seems there are others besides me taking notice.  Take a look at this.  Its highlights from the recent race at Texas Motor Speedway. Look at the vid and stop it at 1 min. 52 seconds.  That's all you need to see.  Forget about what's happening on the track.  Just look in the stands. 

I noticed that too bud .. I dont care how you write the story ..the empty stands are the proof … I haven't been to texas  for 20 years or more .. terry won the race .. after that didnt have time to go . and then  nascar  racing turned to what it is now . so I never went back ..

It is nice that there is enough interest to analyze the stands, because they were sold out in Phoenix last week.  I usually watch the race and not the stands.  But, now that I thing about it, how can one analyze the stands without watching?    Did anyone notice all of the new configurations?    WOW, no more cookie cutter tracks.   I am not sure what a cookie cutter driver is, but these 4 all have their own unique personalities.   It is very nice that Nascar is being proactive

Edited by toyotatim

I have to admit this was the best season NASCAR had in years. Let's hope they don't tweak anything for next year. And keep Brain France as far away as possible. As for race track attendance NASCAR is doing better than many  NFL teams. The only thing they might do is look   at the stats and those tracks that have big gaps between cars for most of the race be shorten.

Edited by arob

Yes, the tracks that were built during the peak popularity of Nascar over built.  Those tracks with over 100,000 seats look empty when they are half full.   I think you will see others following the trend of removing seats.  They cost money to keep and market.  Believe it or not, the races are really for TV anyways.  So a little cleaning up of the extra seats will make things look even better.  As far as the on track situation, it has been great for the most part and doesnt need any major changes, maybe small tweaks at the short tracks.