Texas Dirt Truck Series set for season finale at I-37

For immediate release:
TDTS Public Relations
Tel: 207.689.6630

Season finale at I-37 Speedway all that remains for Texas Dirt Truck Series,
Presented by Military Talent Source

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Nov. 1, 2019) — After eight races at four different popular short tracks, an inaugural season that brought new faces to new places is just about in the books. From an idea based on a solid concept, to sharp-looking trucks entertaining races fans, it became a reality. 

On Saturday, Nov. 9, the Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) will wrap up its inaugural season at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Texas, as part of the track's Redneck Stress Relief 3 program. Spectator gates will open at 3:30 p.m., with racing action getting under way at 6 p.m. sharp. 

This is the ninth and final event on the 2019 campaign for TDTS race teams. In the season's first eight races, three drivers have two wins each to their credit. Larry Baggett, of Marble Falls (I-37, Mar. 23 and June 29); John Heil, of Floresville (South Texas, June 8 and Cotton Bowl, Sept. 28), and Ryan Doyon (I-37, July 27 and Sept. 7) led the series in feature wins. 

Texas short track ace Anthony Gordon (Texana Raceway, Aug. 17) and Talon Minten (Cotton Bowl, Oct. 19) complete the list of feature winners in 2019. Gordon also had an amazing season in the Street Stock class, earning 17 wins in Gordon Leland's Alamo Hot Rod Parts/All In Designs Ford. 

Leading the charge into I-37 is point leader Baggett, who needs only to take the checkered flag on Nov. 9 to claim the points title. A former Street Stock racer at Cotton Bowl, Baggett says he's ready to put a bow on what has been a fun and amazing season in this new touring series. 

“I'm already loaded up and anxious for our last dance of the year,” Baggett said. “It's been such an exciting, challenging and fun season for us. I really love I-37 Speedway, it's a racy oval. We hit on a good setup last time out. We'll see how it does in Hot Laps, and adjust it if needed. I'm pretty excited.” 

Doyon will be another one to watch as the series concludes its first season. I-37 is his home track, and he has more laps there than half the drivers in south Texas. His No. 43 Long's Machine/3D Landscaping entry has been fast no matter who is behind the wheel, and Doyon will be a factor to win. 

“I have plenty of laps at I-37 and will be gunning for my third truck win,” Doyon said. “Yet I know it won't be easy. The competition is pretty tough in the truck series, those guys don't just hand you a position. We'll go over the truck and just try to be prepared. I'm excited to be a part of the finale.” 

The Texas Dirt Truck Series,  presented by Military Talent Source was launched in October of 2018 and is contesting its inaugural campaign in 2019. It was formed on the concept of America's love for full-size pickups and passion for short track racing on dirt. 

I-37 Speedway is operated by R&M Promotions, owned by Ray Doyon III and Michael Keylich. The two longtime friends and business associates (Doyon in landscaping, Keylich in irrigation) have a passion for auto racing and just completed their third season as promoters at I-37. 

To keep up with the latest news, go to https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Dirt-Truck-Series-1509510632528647/.

(Photo Credit: Sean Folsom)

Russ Parker & Russell Rust.jpg

Talon Minten & Larry Baggett.jpg

New Official TDTS Logo.jpg

I-37 Logo.jpg

Edited by PhilWhipple