Cotton Bowl Speedway to host Texas Dirt Truck Series

For immediate release:
Cotton Bowl Speedway PR
Tel: 512-844-3582

Texas Dirt Truck Series coming to Cotton Bowl on Sept. 28
Baggett leads new series into inaugural visit

PAIGE, Texas (Sept. 18, 2019) — A new group of racers are gearing up to compete at Cotton Bowl Speedway later this month, and it's made up of eager drivers in vehicles fans are going to enjoy.

The new Texas Dirt Truck Series, presented by Military Talent Source, will be part of the night's program on Saturday, September 28. The trucks will run a 10-lap qualifying heat followed by a 20-lap feature. 

These eye-catching trucks will be fast at Cotton Bowl, adding their own flavor to the program.

“We're very excited to be bringing this new series to our fans at Cotton Bowl,” track promoter Mary Ann Naumann said. “This series is creating quite a buzz across the state; they look like the trucks we all drive and are very racy. They're bringing in some good drivers, I'm confident their visit will be a memorable one.”

Leading the charge into Cotton Bowl is series point leader Larry Baggett. The pride of Marble Falls, Texas, has two wins to his credit this season and has run a Street Stock at Cotton Bowl before. 

Baggett wheels the black No. 3 entry formerly owned by Bobby Sanford. 

“I'm excited as can be about taking the Trucks to Cotton Bowl,” Baggett said. “I have plenty of experience there and tested my truck there when I first bought it. Mary Ann and H. are just the nicest people, and Cotton Bowl is a world class facility. I feel it's going to be a great race.”

Another driver to watch at Cotton Bowl on September 28 is Ryan Doyon. The rising star from La Coste, Texas, has a pair of TDTS feature wins to his credit this year at I-37 Speedway on July 27 and Sept. 7. With loads of experience and tons of talent, Doyon is a threat to win whenever he straps in. 

Other series drivers to watch at Cotton Bowl include Tony Bernal, of La Vernia; Russell Rust, of Boerne; Russ Parker, of Seguin; and John Heil, of Floresville. Bernal has experience in similar chassis, Rust was a standout in the Dwarf cars, Parker comes from the sport of drag racing yet is starting to get oval racing figured out, and Heil is a veteran racer capable of winning each time he runs. 

“We've been blessed with a great group of people competing in and supporting this series since we first got rolling,” series founder and president George Jones said. “I couldn't possibly ask for better teams to race with and keep this series moving forward. We can't wait to load up for Cotton Bowl.” 

The Texas Dirt Truck Series was launched in Oct. of 2018 and is contesting its inaugural campaign in 2019. It was formed on the concept of America's love for full-size pickups and passion for short track racing on dirt. To follow the TDTS online, visit www.facebook.com/Texas-Dirt-Truck-Series-1509510632528647/. 

Cotton Bowl Speedway is operated by MAN Racing Promotions. The track operates every other Saturday night from March through October with a full card of racing. For more info, please go to www.cottonbowlspeedway.com

4b - Cotton Bowl Speedway Logo.jpg

TDTS Logo.jpg

MTS Logo (TDTS Presenting Sponsor).jpg