be truthfull

HiTech

WATCHING DALES SHOW with ron .. he made me go back and think .. HOW MANY POEPLE HAVE I WRECKED  how many poeple I moved out of the way and how many I jumped on or been jump about my driving ………       ,my first full season racing at cc started out in the first heat of the year   driving 00 leading the race with out my race motor  so down on power  6laps in  I found upside down wasn't a good place to be .. the 14 got mad at me thinking I was blocking I wasn't ,decided he had enough and sent me into turn two wall and ended up in turn three .lots of sparks and roof burn right through from that long slide .. long story short he never said a word as to why or any word at al to me ..so I played I wasn't mad for most of the season till one night I was on the pole and he was outside of me . I figured this would be my best chance to pay him back ..so I did aimed  him right in the gap at cc speedway under the flag stand .. his car didnt look so good after the race .he screamed at me what the hell .. I said learned from the best . after words . I thought .. I could have hurt that driver .I wasn't so proud anymore .. I never took anyone out  like that ever again . did I move poeple out of the way yes . but the one thing I learned and have told my son to do .. if you hit someone wreck someone always go and explain what happened .if you did it on purpose tell them why if not tell them why anyway … yes that driver is going to be mad but least after he says what he thinks . you respected him enough to go clear it up ..

I never intentionally wrecked anyone. The majority of my wrecks were just racing incidents. The first year I was definitely on the receiving end. Not so much wrecks but I had one driver who would ram me hard going down the front stretch even though I was not in the racing groove. I  never said anything. Takes a lot to get me pissed off. I knew I was a rookie and had a lot to learn. I have had people think I did something to them but never anything intentional. I have made apologies even though I knew there was a chance the guy I was apologizing too was ready and willing and able to knock my block off. One reason I gave it was because I was tired of people complaining about the least little thing and always wanting to fight. Not necessarily with me but just with drivers in general.

I have moved poeple on purpose mainly because they were mirror driving and blocking me . all over the track .. when they were not fast enough to race me .. when I wasn't fast enough I gave plenty of room high or low giving that other driver somewhere to go  and if he pasted me he was fast enough  if not I least gave them an open door .. .dirt is another story no mirrors … I never move anyone thinking  they would never give it back . I excepted that … and they did ….lol.... that 14 car in my first post   .a couple of years later i raced another mans car trying to figure out why it would not get up to speed .. . well I was lined up in 14th and the 14 was 15th .. I was just fast enough to keep the 14 from moving up through the pack .after a couple of laps  I felt something I remembered  a hugh push from behind .. the 14 was pushing me through the pack all the way up to 3rd and then I let him go past me . he needed 1 foot to win the race … after the race the driver came over to me and said . I was hoping you didnt think I was going to wreck you again . just pushing you forward I could not out run you like we were … I just laughed and side yes  the through we there at first  but i figured out what you were doing and I waved lets go .thanks for 3rd ..

12 hours ago, toyotatim said:

The racers that are great would wreck the mother for a win.   That is just the competitive nature of the winners

maybe that is your type of driver ..it does not take much talent to wreck someone in order to get a win .. so I dont call them great drivers .. I never took anyone out for a win . our team moto is if our car is fast enough to win . we will win .. bump and run is ok but wrecking someone to do so isnt .

Edited by HiTech

11 hours ago, HiTech said:

maybe that is your type of driver ..it does not take much talent to wreck someone in order to get a win .. so I dont call them great drivers .. I never took anyone out for a win . our team moto is if our car is fast enough to win . we will win .. bump and run is ok but wrecking someone to do so isnt .

I dont think many do it on purpose, it just happens.  That is what made some guy name Earnhardt famous and many more.    I am like everyone else, if I like the driver and he does it, that is awesome.  If someone does it to one of my favorites, he is dirty.     However, what I am saying is, the common denominator among big time champions is that they will wreck their mother for a win.   It has always been that way and wont change anytime soon

Edited by toyotatim

3 hours ago, Budman said:

Not to worry H/T, I was just "RATTLIN' YOUR CAGE a little."   Have a good day! :P

lol .. famous words of a wrecker  ill have a good day when i get this right knee from keeping me awake at night I jammed it ... … . and tim now I understand your reasoning .