Please Bring Back The Street Stocks

The "Street Stocks" are one of the Most Entertaining & Economical Short Track Racing Divisions at Race Tracks across America !!!!

Including HMP in the recent past (I/E : Pro-Stocks)....Please Lets find a way to bring this Fan & Racer Favorite racing division back to our local Houston area Asphalt Short Track......  Even with just with Alternating race dates if or as needed..... Please !!!!!

( That's number one on my Christmas "WISH LIST" for sure !!!!!)

Thank You LSSZ,  for your time...

- Metroracer -

Street Stocks #7.jpg

Edited by metroracer

Yah....I Feel ya !!!  on that note.....If my memory serves me correctly....I am thinking That I remember a Big "Red" Monte Carlo, A few Big Impalas or two,  Even maybe a Big Olds Cutlass.....that fit in quite nicely and were pretty Darn Racy & Competitive I must say .....Hummm ???

Did not matter,  It's ALL Good !!!!

Please, Bring E'm Back.... Sort of like a "Throw Back" to the Hay-Days of Racing !!!!

Edited by metroracer

• 1 month later...

I know the Super Stocks are hardly Street Stocks but I know there are plenty of them out there, let's get them to HMP November 9. If you have one of those Pro Stocks laying around take it to the track and run with these guys. Seeing those on the track could spark that interest we want, never know who may be sitting in those stands.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, RodneyRodriguez said:

I know the Super Stocks are hardly Street Stocks but I know there are plenty of them out there, let's get them to HMP November 9. If you have one of those Pro Stocks laying around take it to the track and run with these guys. Seeing those on the track could spark that interest we want, never know who may be sitting in those stands.

AMEN!!!!

I would think if all these former Pro Stocks or almost Super Stocks we're to come out next Saturday, they would then have a stake in how the track progresses.

I don't see Gina just allowing a class to come back when she has only seen maybe 2 show up the whole season. 

Remember that ol saying..."Build it and they will come" well Gina built it......so when are you Pro/ Street Stock racers coming out? 

Anybody who knows my Dad and I know when we bring 2 cars out it's at most 3-4 people in our pits and that includes the wives, we're all here to help each other...from strapping a driver in, pushing a car or loaning parts

Hell...I broke all kinds of parts this past race and we had a handful of teams helping us get back on the track. A big thanks to Damon, Kenny, Bubba and Deed for the help, tools and parts

There's No Crying in Baseball ...Oh ,ugh, whoops..."Racing" !!!   

Just asking for a Fair & Level Playing Field, That's All... is that too much to ask....

I am sorry but I take very much Pride in every thing that I do,  Those who know me, knows that Family Based Trait is Deep Rooted with in me with out a doubt !!!  That's  how "I" Roll.....plain & simple....I am all ways on a path to gain a since of Accomplishment, All Ways....in Every Thing I  do !!! (No Cheating,  Nor Dirty Driving, Nor just Driving around is not in my recipe for success and accomplishment...)

The Spirit of shear competition is what drives all of us racers....the Fans pay good money to come out and see that every race....

Thanks,  For Your Time...

cry baby logo.jpg

Edited by metroracer

On 10/31/2019 at 8:55 AM, rocket55 said:

AMEN!!!!

I would think if all these former Pro Stocks or almost Super Stocks we're to come out next Saturday, they would then have a stake in how the track progresses.

I don't see Gina just allowing a class to come back when she has only seen maybe 2 show up the whole season. 

Remember that ol saying..."Build it and they will come" well Gina built it......so when are you Pro/ Street Stock racers coming out? 

Anybody who knows my Dad and I know when we bring 2 cars out it's at most 3-4 people in our pits and that includes the wives, we're all here to help each other...from strapping a driver in, pushing a car or loaning parts

Hell...I broke all kinds of parts this past race and we had a handful of teams helping us get back on the track. A big thanks to Damon, Kenny, Bubba and Deed for the help, tools and parts

I'm just gonna show up with my car and push it as hard as I can and try to have faster lap times then I've had before because I just want to race my "ProStock" around HMP and until they tell me I'm to slow or my car don't meet the rules that's what I'm gonna do.    I'm there to race the track not the other cars, if that makes any sense?  If not it wouldn't be the 1st time :-)  

I have the upmost respect for Mr Bell for making the long haul knowing he has a no chance of running up front in the super stocks,  It's not that he is not experienced or talented enough it's the car and the rules which it is built by. From my view it only makes sense to have a class in which he and others that have cars that are built with similar rules to COMPETE in . We want to compete, not be a filler car. It makes people feel good knowing the hard work paid off with a good finish.

Scotty I've never been what I'd call fast …. Yeah my same car on dirt 15 years ago was a top 10 car maybe top 5 if my brother drove it..lol  I've only one 2 races and one was a B feature at Houston Raceway Park during the World of Outlaws show back in 2008ish and One A Feature at Monroe Motor Speedway after we went asphalt racing.   I was just thinking about this very topic as I was headed back from a Wrecker call …  I mean lets face it 4 or 5 years ago how many people had the chance at winning at HMP ?   No really how many people had a snow balls chance in hell at out running that #13 car?   Ole' Webster had that thing on a rail and was FAST !!!     I don't know the answer but I do know that it's not just gonna happen without us showing up and supporting HMP ….  If I lived closer and or wasn't in the 24/7/365 Towing Business I'd be there every race and I'd have bought me a 602 by now to pick up some speed how ever little it may be?    Having said all that I was also thinking on the way back to my shop that I should Step Up and say that even thought it may keep me from getting what my original purpose of racing at HMP next weekend was  ( Top 10 in Points)   ….   Hang on and let me get an OK from Gina before I get into trouble … lol 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:50 PM, BrianBell90 said:

I'm just gonna show up with my car and push it as hard as I can and try to have faster lap times then I've had before because I just want to race my "ProStock" around HMP and until they tell me I'm to slow or my car don't meet the rules that's what I'm gonna do.    I'm there to race the track not the other cars, if that makes any sense?  If not it wouldn't be the 1st time :-)  

Brian I truly admire that mindset...”race the track not the cars.” Many times I feel I’m doing just that, improving my lap times. 
Unless I’m door to door or bumper to bumper with another racer, it’s just me v. Me out there. 
Yes it cost money and stuff breaks, but seat time and experience isn’t improved by sitting in the stands or having your car sit at home. You either want to race, improve your craft and grow a class or don’t. 

Racers this is Speedfest coming up and it’s kinda like the Daytona of HMP. This is everyone’s time to shine and bring the trophy home. I’d fully support all Prostocks starting at the front of the main race just to make it fun. Some of y’all have some strong motors and the Super stocks can just glide through the corner better...bring them out and let’s have fun.