Thank You South Texas Speedway !

arob

This race fan would like to publicly thank South Texas Speedway for putting on an awesome season. Three wide and pack racing became the norm making it exciting for the fans. I'd like to point out areas where STS excelled. Track Prep- All season the track was racy and fast. From the point the new dirt was put down it really was great. To achieve this in all the hot , dry weather must had taken a ton of work so hats off to the track prep crew. Running a Smooth , Quick Program- I would say most of the nights the races were over between 10:00 and 10:30 and rarely hit 11:00 if at all. A lot of that credit goes to the pit line up person and the wrecker crew. Great job by both all year. Announcer- It is nice to hear the passion and love of the sport that comes through . And to top it off we get to hear the National Anthem sung beautifully like it should be sung without vocal gymnastics every race night. Great job Nick Robbins! Facility Maintenance- This racetrack has never looked better. Facility is always clean and well maintained. Good job by whoever does it. Awesome Drivers - The best in South Texas are found at STS including racers that come from San Antonio and other places on occasion. I've seen some remarkable racing by so many. So thank you to ALL the racers in all classes. You men, women and young ones are the best!  Steve Whiteaker Jr. - Thank you Mr. Whiteaker of taking on the challenge of running a dirt track. You have come up with innovative ideas such as the Chase format , tire change for line up, the best Sportmod payout and other cool things.The Sportmod deal really paid off for the fans with an average car count around 20 weekly and some off the chart racing. So thank you and your entire crew for all the effort you put in. Can't wait for December 5 ,6, 7 and beyond.

Thanks for your continued positive support, arob.

Every now and then it's nice to hear positive things about the sport we all enjoy. Sure, there are plenty of negatives, but the future belongs to those with positive attitudes and those who pitch in to help rather bitch about stuff.

Thanks for all you do for racing!

2 hours ago, kscollier93 said:

Line up guy here thank you for comment. I try to the line ups ready so I can help spot for the boss. Thanks again.

oh come on dont slap yourself on the back .. the drivers read and know where to line up .. lol most of them ..  you need us slapping  you on the back . ….sure had a fast WRECKER driver on the job this year he knows time cost money  EACH second a drivers life could depend  on  his speed . the field crew did a fantastic job they move fast they were on  top of  steve gants wreck in no time . I hope I spelled his name  right .. .. I shook the managers hands as we walked by . I said good season .. and got to give a shout to the tech inspector. he is good . and fast .. ill add the line up for each team is easy now with the app … 

ok I am partial here .so what BUT THE TRACK HAS FOUR LADIES  who dont get much love .. two work the pit gate .they always smile  and do their job outstanding .. then we have the other two who go home with fried brains . the scorekeepers .. we have our fun watching  the races being part of the party ...two get to see every lap of every race but dont get to watch the race like we do   one  has a son racing . that is tough ..  .. two get to sit in the pits and give me a hard time .. love it .….. I know many more work  the track behind the curtains ..  THANKS ..

Edited by HiTech

I can't believe I left out the rest of the staff ! EVERYONE involved at the track did great. And I can't believe I left out the ticket ladies and especially the concession  workers. The lines have never moved faster. I don't drink but I'm sure the Turn 5 crew did a great job as well.

Edited by arob

On 9/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, arob said:

I can't believe I left out the rest of the staff ! EVERYONE involved at the track did great. And I can't believe I left out the ticket ladies and especially the concession  workers. The lines have never moved faster. I don't drink but I'm sure the Turn 5 crew did a great job as well.

old age does that to you .

6 hours ago, Danielsen Motorsports said:

Proud to say South Texas Speedway is my home track!

As much as I enjoyed the Street Stock Shootout days, I'm glad you're back in the car again and even with all of the troubles this season, you were smiling and laughing after it was done and over with. 

I echo the kudos for everyone that helped put on the shows this year, drivers, crews, track staff, fans. It was a great year from a fan's perspective. Depending on work and hockey schedule, look forward to the December race.