TSTRS - Input needed

TSTRS

If anyone has any input on a new dirt/asphalt class or series for Texas racing - please email me about it.  Tell me what dirt class you think would be the best to do some crossover racing with so it is cost-effective and will not take away from dirt or asphalt but could enhance racing as a whole in 2020.  I am thinking maybe 6 races next year?  Maybe more if it works - and possibly introduce the class at TSTRS last race this year - Nov 9th?  Just possibilities.  

Please accompany each opinion with a 'why' :)  

I have been talking with a few of you, but I am told how there are many others with very strong opinions by the handful I have spoken with.  I would like to hear from you!  

gina@txarp.com

In the subject please add:  Dirt Crossover Class/Series

I need some more help!

Gina Schild Knowles

(713) 907-0906

gina@txarp.com

*******Don't forget to come out to HMP - Saturday, August 31st for the Advance Auto Parts Labor Day Classic!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is to keep it in house.  Tweak what we have real good,  maybe move the Supers up to the Outlaws.  And restore the Pro-Stocks / Street Stocks to the playing field once again....

Just Better Racing.....

Thank you, LSSZ..

Edited by metroracer

53 minutes ago, Mel said:

You need to look at the local dirt tracks and choose a class that there is an excess of cars. Need to work on a *local* following. 

JMO-Mel

mell  I know jessie would be looking to take a factory stock   just as it is and should be just as they run to that tracke would not want the rules to change .to many cars from all over would want to run with all the same rules most tracks have here in texas .

Edited by HiTech

I agree with you Mike, I think the factory stocks would be a cool addition and yes some out of towners would come but, for the long haul HMP needs to do their homework in Harris and surrounding counties and bring in the class with the most potential for a high car count. If that turns out to be the factory stock class, I’m good with that. 😊

Mel

2 hours ago, Mel said:

I agree with you Mike, I think the factory stocks would be a cool addition and yes some out of towners would come but, for the long haul HMP needs to do their homework in Harris and surrounding counties and bring in the class with the most potential for a high car count. If that turns out to be the factory stock class, I’m good with that. 😊

Mel

me too .fine with what they have to run ..

I'm not trying to be mean here to Scotty9 and MetroRacer but didn't they give the super stocks a chance and not enough showed up?  Factory Stocks is the biggest class of cars in Texas and the surrounding states.  if they have a good purse for the factory stocks they will show up.  anytime they do a show for them with say 5000 to win at least 150 car show up.  plus it is the only class that could come off the dirt and go to asphalt with practically no changes. 

Gina if you decide to go with Factory stocks I would reach out to Justin whitehead (king of factory stocks) or Kevin rogers/ kevin sustair.  They both promote factory stock big races.

justin whitehead   https://www.facebook.com/justin.whitehead.31

kevin rogers https://www.facebook.com/kevin.rogers.940

Nathan -   It shouldn't be an either/or, there is room for both, if things are handled correctly (emphasis on correctly).    I can tell by your statement there is plenty of HMP history on Pro Stocks and Super Stocks you aren't aware of.  Very obviously there is a large pool of Factory Stocks out there, which should be clear to anyone who has gone to a dirt race in the last few years.  What is not so obvious  is what should happen with the pool of Pro Stocks sitting around from the Mandalback days, and the Super Stock class which more recent management has tried to get going, with mixed success.   

The most obvious issue, which has effected Super Stocks, Pro Stocks, and will effect Factory Stocks too, is the tire cost vs purse issue.  If you pay Factory Stocks enough to offset the tire bill, yes, they will come.  But the same could be said for Supers and Pro's (and I think accommodations should be made in the rules for Pro's, it wouldn't be that hard).  But even the Factorys aren't going to  come for Ecostock purses, which is pretty much the situation you've had recently.   And if the purse could be reasonable for Factories, why not the other stock bodied classes?   Tires vs purses  for the stock bodied form factor *is* the issue.  Previous management decided they weren't real race cars and didn't pay accordingly.  And for $5K to win, as you mentioned, cars will turn out for ANY class....

And if you want a place for all of those cars, irrespective of tires, keep the bracket race idea in mind...

Edited by Bobby

There are more sport mods than any others.  We dont need entry level cars, we need to be heading up, not lowering our standards.  Come on man, we want to get enough interest to get the Super/Pro Late models back.    It gets old chasing parts for the race cars at Junk Yards.  It is easier to point and click to get the parts like you can with the late models.  I can sit on the couch with a hot chick, drink a beer and order parts.   No hot chick is going to the junk yard with me.  Just sayin....

Factory stock tires cost between 30 to 40 dollars because they have to be pull offs.  The original question on this thread was about what Dirt/asphalt class could work to pull racers from dirt to help car counts at the track.  Sadly Camaro are not always easy to find a place to race them.  Most classes wont allow them.  But this thread was not about what asphalt class the track should focus on.  

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Factory stock tires cost between 30 to 40 dollars because they have to be pull offs.  The original question on this thread was about what Dirt/asphalt class could work to pull racers from dirt to help car counts at the track.  Sadly Camaro are not always easy to find a place to race them.  Most classes wont allow them.  But this thread was not about what asphalt class the track should focus on.  

"I'm not trying to be mean here to Scotty9 and MetroRacer but didn't they give the super stocks a chance and not enough showed up?  "   Was this you ??????

And the broader point, which I was trying to make in the bracket race discussion, is when you just add and delete classes willy-nilly, with no consideration of how you are effecting other classes, you drive racers away, often permanently.  People can't afford to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours just to throw it away because the promoter changes.  One of the participants in this thread has been hit once by that, and may be hit again.

Edited by Bobby