I'm slowed up for a few days by Lyme Disease

NickHolt

It all started with a simple deer tick bite 10 days ago. Then Saturday and Sunday became a blur with extreme chills, extreme sweats and some intense headaches. Drove myself to the Doc on Monday and was diagnosed with Lyme Disease from that deer tick bite.

Now I'm taking massive amounts of antibiotics and a whole bunch of probiotics and pretty much feel like death warmed over. They say it takes about a month to get over the Lyme Disease and the effects of the massive doses of antibiotics. I sure hope not...

Anyway, if I'm slow to post stuff or responds to emails, PMs, etc, please be patient with me!

Nick

If you need a Lyme-literate MD, there is one in Houston, possibly one in Austin.  I'm very surprised you found anyone in S.A. that even knew what that was.  Been there, done that.   Since you got diagnosed early, the conventional 2-4 weeks of antibiotics might kill it.  You are extremely (!!) fortunate, many, if not most Lyme patients don't get diagnosed early and would kill for only a few weeks of treatment.   Feel free to PM if you come to need more info.  

Edited by Bobby

6 hours ago, Bobby said:

If you need a Lyme-literate MD, there is one in Houston, possibly one in Austin.  I'm very surprised you found anyone in S.A. that even knew what that was.  Been there, done that.   Since you got diagnosed early, the conventional 2-4 weeks of antibiotics might kill it.  You are extremely (!!) fortunate, many, if not most Lyme patients don't get diagnosed early and would kill for only a few weeks of treatment.   Feel free to PM if you come to need more info.  

Thanks for the info, Bobby.

This is all happening in Maine where the Line Disease carrying deer ticks are in abundance,  The Doc I had said we probably caught it soon enough to hope for a complete recovery.  The same Doc said he has treated more Lime Disease cases this year than in the past 20 years combined!

Nick

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

Thanks for the info, Bobby.

This is all happening in Maine where the Line Disease carrying deer ticks are in abundance,  The Doc I had said we probably caught it soon enough to hope for a complete recovery.  The same Doc said he has treated more Lime Disease cases this year than in the past 20 years combined!

Nick

It's an incredibly serious problem.  That said, wishing you the best!  If you had to get it, a place where the docs know about it is clearly the best, and, as your doc, said, early diagnosis is the key. I went four years with no answers because "it doesn't happen around here". 

Edited by Bobby

TALK TO NICK a couple of times this week checking on him .the first time he sounded like 6 votes  in his battery  . the second time  I talked to him way up there in maine  .he sounded like a 9 vote .so he is getting better …. with that do you believe he left us for finer weather 75 degrees  daytime . the nerve .

Edited by HiTech

46 minutes ago, HiTech said:

TALK TO NICK a couple of times this week checking on him .the first time he sounded like 6 votes  in his battery  . the second time  I talked to him way up there in maine  .he sounded like a 9 vote .so he is getting better …. with that do you believe he left us for finer weather 75 degrees  daytime . the nerve .

Thanks for checking up on me, Mike.  

Yeah, this 75 degree Maine weather sure makes life tough...  LOL

9 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Thanks for checking up on me, Mike.  

Yeah, this 75 degree Maine weather sure makes life tough...  LOL

I  will take your place just send me the bus  ticket . dont want you to catch a cold . tell that son of yours good luck he is giving up the blue jeans for a dress she will be the boss ..  FINE COUPLE  ..  WE miss him in tv land .

Edited by HiTech

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy there Nick.  Hope you are feeling much better by now.  H/T, you doing fine, I trust.  We just returned from the OTHER northern coast ……… Seattle.  Been up there for about 10 days, visiting my son and daughter-in-law and seeing a few of the sights around there.  Day before we left, Thursday, twas 55 in the morning and inched up to 70 by late afternoon.  Light coat weather for us. Didn't even get a bug bite.  Driving home from the Austin airport I did however, run over a rattlesnake just before we turned in to our driveway.  That was a nice welcome home.

Edited by Budman

poor snake  . … JUST FINE SORTA BEAT UP A KNEE THE OTHER DAY TWICE .LOL  ..im fine .just not mentally .but we all know that anyway .. talk to nick the other day he is just fine . still waiting for my ticket to ride  up to main ..must be in the mail .you know nick is to old to realize we dont need the mail man as much . old school ..glad you are still around to enjoy traveling ..