TSTRS - After First Race Update 07/25/19

TSTRS

Hey guys!

I have totally dropped the ball on utilizing LoneStarSpeedzone.com, and I apologize.  One of the most challenging things about promoting TSTRS is communicating with the drivers away from the track.  You guys use cell phones, HOME phones, email, LoneStarSpeedzone.com, text messages and Facebook.  Not everyone uses Facebook, some only use their cell phone, some don't talk only text, and some us email but forget to check it regularly.  That is on my punch list of things to figure out a 'best' solution for!  

I am not posting this on the tstrseries.com page, because sponsors and fans see that information too.  This is more of an after the first race update of info and status for the teams, drivers and racing family.   So if anyone knows someone that only uses Facebook, please share this with them somehow for me.  

Race Day was absolutely crazy, from about 10 minutes after we arrived until we walked the last fan out to his car.  To say the day controlled us more than we controlled it would be a huge understatement.  But, on Sunday morning my household felt very appreciative.  Exhausted, humbled and appreciative.  

Which brings me to the point of this post - to tell you guys thank you for getting behind this.  Thank you for the positive environment.  Thank you for sharing posts, liking posts, coming out to events, participating in events, listening in on the shows, liking sponsor pages, liking their posts, shopping sponsors  - just on helping every effort we put forth, out.  Just helping out in any way you can, even if it meant coming to watch the race or liking Facebook pages.  Every little thing matters.  Those little things are what a company like Advance Auto Parts sees directly.    If you cannot make it out to the track to support racing, make a commitment to support racing by supporting our sponsors.  But when you support them, you tell them why you are supporting them too!  All of this adds up, and all of it helps us race more often.

Here is a list of current sponsors you can show love too, and new ones will be being announced next week and leading up to race day.

Advance Auto Parts 

KBR Towing LLC

inkDOTS

Precision Piping Products 

David Starr Racing

In Wheel Time on ESPN 97.5

RaceonTexas.com

RevvedUpSportsShow - RUSS

Ok, I will stop preaching.   Advance is happy with us.  We are in a good place heading into the August 31st race.  I am closer to announcing the date for the media/open practice day.  Two options are mid-September or mid-October.  We cannot afford to have an open practice without choosing a date that is smart on accommodating the media and potential sponsors.  And that is the delay in selecting the date, so bear with me.  

Any questions, complaints, comments - please reach out to me.  If you have a sponsor idea or need help with your sponsor call me.  I will help in any way I can, and some of you may have a sponsor that has been with you for a very long time that needs a thank you.  Please reach out to me and let me see what we can do to help make that the kind of thank you that helps you race more in 2020.  Because we will be racing more in 2020.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.  

Gina

(713) 907-0906

gina@txarp.com

Texas Asphalt Promotions LLC

dba Texas Short Track Racing Series

PS  Next race - Saturday, August 31st

Advance Auto Parts Labor Day Classic

Gates open at 5 - Racing starts at 6

LaborDayClassic.jpg

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

Gina,

Feel free to use the Lone Star Speedzone forums to keep the non-Facebook crowd informed as well as those outside your immediate demographic.

That's why we're here!

NIck

I would doubly recommend that.  Speedzone has been the hub of the wheel of social media, before there were even any spokes.  Facebook pages come and go, there needs to be a central point of reference, not to mention that it is device-independent, so everyone has access.  

And I hope Gina hasn't been holding back for fear of monopolizing the content here.  HMP is the Big Daddy track in the state, and it's fortunes affect everyone else's, so it has a right to prominent placement.

54 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I would doubly recommend that.  Speedzone has been the hub of the wheel of social media, before there were even any spokes.  Facebook pages come and go, there needs to be a central point of reference, not to mention that it is device-independent, so everyone has access.  

And I hope Gina hasn't been holding back for fear of monopolizing the content here.  HMP is the Big Daddy track in the state, and it's fortunes affect everyone else's, so it has a right to prominent placement.

And we keep a pretty tight lid on the bashing of Texas short tracks, Texas-based series, etc.

Folks know that I won't put with bad language, personal attacks, and all the B.S. you typically see on Facebook.

FB is awesome for getting info out to the specific group who regularity go to that FB page, but LSSZ has a much wider demographic. 

Nick