Oklahoma Racing

Josh42

I just got back from a vacation in Oklahoma with my wife's family.  While we were there we got to take in some racing in Meeker and in Sapulpa. 

First night we went to Tuesday Night Thunder at Red Dirt Raceway in Meeker, Oklahoma.  They had the USAC National Midgets and NOW600 Series running.  That was some of the best racing I have seen in a while.  It was slide job central, the place was packed with fans and the racing was amazing. Karsyn Elledge and Holly Hollan both took some wild rides out of the park in turn 4 both walked away from the accidents but the cars not so much.  Then in the feature there was some wild slide jobs thrown that collected a lot of front runners.

Friday night we went to Creek County Speedway in Sapulpa/Kellyville Oklahoma for the ASCS Sooner Region/ NCRA Sprints as well as the Champ NON Wing Sprints, Dwarf Cars, and Thunderstocks. Once again it was an amazing night of blistering fast racing. 20 ASCS/NCRA Sprint Cars on a tight 1/4 mile bullring was a show. They were flying around that track. 

The races both nights were fast paced and were done both nights by 10:30.  I took my brother in law who has never seen midgets and sprints race before and he was hooked.  He had a lot of questions and I answered all of them, he is an engineering student at OSU and is graduating in the fall this year.  He took me and showed me his work space and showed me their mini wind tunnel.  He told me to get a 3D model of our car and some body designs and he would put it through the wind tunnel and see what is best for aerodynamic flow.

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2610 (2).PNG

IMG_2611 (2).PNG

IMG_2515.JPG

On 7/17/2019 at 5:44 PM, top_shelf_12 said:

I remember when ESPN had Thursday Night Thunder and featured USAC Sprints quite often.

Paul White from Waco won the Silver Crown one year....can't remember when but was around 2000.

That was an awesome show!